Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

107 Certificate Honored in Canada?

Reaction score
Forgive me if this has been answered...

Does anybody know if Transport Canada honors (honours? ;~) Part 107 RPIC certificates? A friend of mine is part of a major shoot in Labrador in August and I may get hired as an RPIC.

Thanks, all!

No Transport Canada does not recognize a Part 107. You need to apply for a SFOC (Special Flight Operations Certificate)
This can take anywhere from 1 month to 6 months. You will need liability insurance that covers you in Canada. This will cost you over $1000 dollars.
I have attached a sample of my SFOC just so you know what you are getting yourself into. :)
Good luck

Attachments

• SFOC Application Template.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 4
No Transport Canada does not recognize a Part 107. You need to apply for a SFOC (Special Flight Operations Certificate)
This can take anywhere from 1 month to 6 months. You will need liability insurance that covers you in Canada. This will cost you over $1000 dollars.
I have attached a sample of my SFOC just so you know what you are getting yourself into. :)
Good luck

Thanks, Augustine. I suspected as much. :~(

No as noted you need an SFOC. The process has changed as there is now a national applciation form however it does require a number of support documents:
Overview of National UAV SFOC Application Form

Insurance can be had much cheaper now as well, closer to $300-500. Your US insurance may cover Canada as well, our policy covers the US.

Thanks. I'll look into it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my