Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

2-24 Firmware V3.03 and ST16 B30 - Post Your Results Here

What are your results with the new Feb. 2017 Firmware

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-thinking the possibility of magneto-interference, the compass and large iron parts... the landings that I did do had the final approach from the rear end of the car. The trunk is made of synthetic material just like the sides/edges of the roof, rear window and main part of the roof are glass on metal reinforced synthetic material frame.
The bonnet/hood and the top of the windscreen are metal. The inside of the top of the windscreen quite crude because of safety precautions, it is a convertible. Decellerating for landing was exactly over this rim and the drone veered right.

Anyway.... maybe I will make a nice wooden helipad to put on the ground.... :)

Just a thought -- if your car has audio speakers in the rear deck, flying over the rear deck to the roof may have detected the magnetic field of your speakers and therefore some erratic behavior. Also, some cars have WIFI and networks that do not shut down immediately when turning the car off. Ie. my BMW's networks will continue to operate for 5-10 minutes before going to sleep after the car is shut down and the door is closed. Just some thoughts....... .

I noticed today that after the update I have a half circle line with numbers in what appears to be m. (6m-8m and so on. Does anyone know what this is and how to remove it from the screen.

Without any context It's difficult to know what you mean by the above statement. Is that with obstacle avoid enabled?

Hello, I installed the latest firmware v03.01.b30 using the manual SD card method (because it worked fine last time). Everything is great and the new features work fine except for my new problem. When I watch any recorded video on the ST-16 controller the video plays back jerky and glitchy every time. The problem is only with the controller. The files on the card that are viewed on my computer are fine. There are a few others I have seen that have this problem also.

Any advice on how to fix this annoying problem? Or should I just call Yuneec customer service?

Thanks..................

Did you recalibrate everything after the update?
Yes. For my first flight after the update the first thing I did was re-calibrate the compass, accelerometer and also the camera. I also cleared out any files and photos on the controller memory.

Hello, I installed the latest firmware v03.01.b30 using the manual SD card method (because it worked fine last time). Everything is great and the new features work fine except for my new problem. When I watch any recorded video on the ST-16 controller the video plays back jerky and glitchy every time. The problem is only with the controller. The files on the card that are viewed on my computer are fine. There are a few others I have seen that have this problem also.

Any advice on how to fix this annoying problem? Or should I just call Yuneec customer service?

Thanks..................

Have the same problem.

Have the same problem.

Me too... I never watch much on st 16 so I was not concerned. Curious what hdmi out looks like so I'm going to try that today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Rayray
Me too... I never watch much on st 16 so I was not concerned. Curious what hdmi out looks like so I'm going to try that today.

Yep, Like you, I don't bother with ST16 playback. I can say HDMI out is great into the 10" monitor I just got. Using a 10' cable.

Yep, Like you, I don't bother with ST16 playback. I can say HDMI out is great into the 10" monitor I just got. Using a 10' cable.

Good to know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

This might have already been asked and answered, but does this firmware address the jerky response when giving small inputs? I'm holding off on any updates from the October update until this is improved. I need smoother low speed control than what the October update offers. I greatly appreciate the D-Pad cruise control, but honestly, it's nearly rendered moot by the jerky response when giving tiny stick input. Also, no 16:9 photo mode yet??....REALLY?!?!?!

This might have already been asked and answered, but does this firmware address the jerky response when giving small inputs? I'm holding off on any updates from the October update until this is improved. I need smoother low speed control than what the October update offers. I greatly appreciate the D-Pad cruise control, but honestly, it's nearly rendered moot by the jerky response when giving tiny stick input. Also, no 16:9 photo mode yet??....REALLY?!?!?!

It is less jerky even though that never showed in shots. It's more responsive for sure with new firmware.

Reactions: Jared
It is less jerky even though that never showed in shots. It's more responsive for sure with new firmware.

Very good to know. I'll give this update a shot. Thanks for the info!!

Figured I'd give me opinion on things so far with the latest firmware. I did the download and upgrade last weekend and all went well. I used the method with the SD card and have not even looked at the OTA option. Due to weather and time, I was not able to do any of the calibrations or flights until today.
A few things stood out for me that I thought may be worth sharing.
I always do the calibrations in the following order;
1: Compass (camera and gimbal removed)
2: Accel (camera and gimbal removed - not that it makes any diff)
3: Gimbal

Compas calibration didn't 'stick' first time around so I powered both the H and ST16 off and then back on and tried again. Second attempt gave me the confirmation chimes I was waiting for. I think I just took a little too long on the first attempt.
Accel cal went through without a hitch.
Gimbal cal was strange. I tried this four times and each time, after the calibrations were finished, the gimbal would be slightly to the left of centre (when looking from behind the H). I also noticed that when I switched the Pan Mode (S2) to the centre position and then panned the camera, and flicked the switch back up to the top position that the camera would not swing back to centre itself. This was all done while still on the ground. What was strange was that if I powered down the H and then restarted it, the gimbal would centre itself and the panning modes worked correctly. I tried removing the gimbal mechanism and the reattaching it but the same thing happened. After the fourth attempt at calibrating, I just figured it may be a glitch.
Prior to spinning the props, I left the H on the ground for a further 10 minutes. The next strange thing had me stumped for a little while. I am a mode 1 flyer so my throttle is on my right stick. I could spin the props up, but when I tried to take off, there was no response. I powered down and tried to repeat the process and got the same outcome - no throttle. Just to make sure I wasn't going mad, I then tried to use the left stick and it lifted off the ground. I landed and then reset the mode from mode 2 back to mode 1. I have not encountered this with any other update. I would be really interested to hear from other pilots who don't fly mode 2 to see if they have encountered the same situation. And, yes, on the update prior to this one, I also cleared the info on the ST16 so I know it isn't that.
Once I had the modes all sorted, I was able to get in the air.
I flew two batteries.
Take off and landing both felt a lot smoother and more controlled. I only use 'Rabbit' so I can't comment on the differences when flying in 'Tortise'. Response felt good on all inputs. Yaw feels a little faster, and there is a definite change in the 'jerky' movements from past upgrades. I didn't try any flights with 'smart' mode as I very rarely use that 'feature'.
All up, the H feels great in the air and is a pleasure to fly.
I've got a few more batteries on charge now and will be out again on Sunday morning to concentrate more on the video.

I know some people have experienced issues with their H, but I can't fault this airframe in any way, and from what has been happening so far with the firmware updates from Yuneec, the H just keeps getting better. Thank you to all those people working behind the scenes at Yuneec.

Ok so I have been watching video flights of H's falling out of the sky's, and the pilots claiming that they just updated there H with the latest firmware. Flight is all normal until the controller goes black and loses connection WTF??????
I have been researching this for the past month since the update came out and I have reached a conclusion, I'm going to update the H after I get insurance.

Where can you get insurance that covers your drone?

My contents insurance covers this. Just be sure to mention the item and have it noted on your insurance.
Not sure if this is the same in other countries. I am in the land down under.

Where can you get insurance that covers your drone?

hi Chad,

I had been following a thread posted by Joe Ernster at The Bullock Agency. It also included posts of and by Verifly. For some reason, search will not find it. (Removed?) There are also a few discussions directly with Verifly, an "on-demand" provider (by the hour, session, that type of arrangement).

While searching, I found a link to another offering for the drones themselves. The last post was back in May, 2016, and stated the H was not yet there. Checked it out just now and found the H, along with the Q and 4K are listed. More like an extended warranty, but covers the bird!

Neary Aerial Media

From what I can tell, it covers the bird if you have it. Does not directly address lost aircraft; at least not that I have found as yet.

Jeff

Last edited:
Matthew,

Just curious... when your bird has been back to Yuneec, was the ST16 sent along? If it accompanied your H, do you know if it was used in testing?

From your recent problem description, along with the previous history, I am suspicious of the controller, both receiving accurate [telemetry] details as well as sending appropriate command signals.

Two points from your post:
1) Expecting right turn but getting descend. Sounds like ST16 might be sending the wrong command. It could still be the H, of course, but... you've been down that road with the H repairs, correct?
2) "Motors go to idle then to full noise." It may sound like full noise, but for the bird to flip, some of the motors are providing much more thrust than the others, hence the flip. That could be the speed controls in the bird, the receiver interpreting commands incorrectly, or the ST16 sending the incorrect commands.

Just thought I'd ask, in case these scenarios had not yet been explored.

Good luck!

Jeff

Hi Jeff,
i have returned the entire package on each occasion. That way they have everything to check /test.
Last repair was blamed on software. Sadly not all damage was repaired either. The misc scratches caused by the crash were not replaced only the broken items. So i had a drone returned that looks like crap so i cant even sell it.
The current issue with the left stick on the st16 has only been since the latest firmware went in.
The flip over also occurred after the firmware. The h was on the ground in Angle mode but failed to return to idle, despite me holding down like i normally do. The drone simply went full throttle with no input from me and flipped.

The other issue is it obviously looses gps but you have no warning come up on the st16 , the h is non responsive when this happens the only command it accepts is up . sometimes it swirls like a toilet bowl others it shoots off in a straight line at full speed.
Both of these malfunctions occur at take off so the only command at this point is up.
I am asking for a refund as i dont believe a repair or replacement is sufficient.

Reasons being product confidence , secondly the drones performance is below expectaions.All the faults experienced have been supposedly rectified via firmware updates yet the same faults it has had since new are still present. So to repair or replace it would simply be handing me the same problems in a different shell. It cant hover accurately at all, which is useless when near any objects.
Sooner or later it will cause personal and or property damage that i will be liable for.I am simply am too scared to fly it

Regards Matt

LOL, I litterally just printed out my FAA Temp Cert and was going to look for the documents I needed to send into Yuneec to receive the code to remove NFZ!! Guess I don't have to do that now!!
I did the update but i still have the NFZ......... I did do the NFZ release back in Jan ..... got it ...... did the 2/2017 update and NFZ active again......... put my code back in and and NFZ still active........ HFZ buttons avail but do not work

any ideas.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss