Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

2016 Typhoon H Showreel

Reaction score
This video highlights some of the footage I’ve shot over this past year with my Typhoon H and Typhoon H Pro. All the shots were recorded in the Raw video format (with an ND filter), and then color graded in Adobe Premiere Pro.

I hope you enjoy this showreel and please feel free to comment or ask questions about the editing/grading process.

Last edited:
Reactions: techn9ne and Alan24
Beautiful! Are these stock lenses?

Thanks Mark, I'm glad you liked it! And yes all the footage was shot using the stock lenses. The crazy thing is I've had the Peau 3.97mm lens for a few months now, but I wanted it professionally installed and I haven't called the company to set that up yet. The stock lenses definitely have some drawbacks as the originals are slightly out of focus and then the Pro versions have some pretty bad distortion at the edges.

Thanks Mark, I'm glad you liked it! And yes all the footage was shot using the stock lenses. The crazy thing is I've had the Peau 3.97mm lens for a few months now, but I wanted it professionally installed and I haven't called the company to set that up yet. The stock lenses definitely have some drawbacks as the originals are slightly out of focus and then the Pro versions have some pretty bad distortion at the edges.
Oh, man! It's wicked easy to swap them! I did have to take the case apart (four screws), but just got about 1/2 the glue separated from the collar, and then took a pliers and carefully applied pressure (not very much!) until it cracked and unscrewed. And the difference was amazing. I even got my third camera from Vertigodrones (great company) and that was the first one I was impressed with. But I feel the 3.97 does make a significant difference, so even if you are paranoid, it's worth shelling out the &150 (plus shipping) to Peru and have them do it. I did that on my 8.25mm and I'm really glad I did.

Before you look at the Peau lens, check this comparison if the Stock, Peau, and PixAero 3.77 lens from Carolina Dronz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVfQzVqhgWI

It's not my video, found it on YouTube. He did a Great Job on the comparison.
There are other YouTube Videos with results from the PixAero lens you can check out.

I had the lens installed on one of My TH's, Big Difference to the better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Davini
Before you look at the Peau lens, check this comparison if the Stock, Peau, and PixAero 3.77 lens from Carolina Dronz.

There are other YouTube Videos with results from the PixAero lens you can check out.

Nice video! Thanks for sharing. Both lenses look really good.

Oh, man! It's wicked easy to swap them! I did have to take the case apart (four screws), but just got about 1/2 the glue separated from the collar, and then took a pliers and carefully applied pressure (not very much!) until it cracked and unscrewed. And the difference was amazing. I even got my third camera from Vertigodrones (great company) and that was the first one I was impressed with. But I feel the 3.97 does make a significant difference, so even if you are paranoid, it's worth shelling out the &150 (plus shipping) to Peru and have them do it. I did that on my 8.25mm and I'm really glad I did.
Yeah I actually tried installing the Peau lens in the CGO3+ camera on my original drone, and everything seemed to go okay when I did, but it turned out that the camera itself had a tilting issue afterwards that couldn’t be fixed with a gimbal calibration. After that I took out the Peau lens and put the stock one back in, then sent the camera back to Yuneec to fix the tilting issue.

When I bought the Typhoon H Pro I wanted to put the Peau lens in that camera, but after I unscrewed the four screws on the CGO3+ I found out that Yuneec used an entirely different method to place the lens with no glue and no threads for the camera barrel (just an added piece around the lens that was not in the original camera). When I saw that I just put it back together and decided to get it professionally installed instead. I’m hoping though that I’ll be able to get the new lens put in sometime this month, then get out there and start shooting some snow shots with the Peau lens!

Hey John, thanks for sharing that video! Yeah the PixAero lens looked really good, I especially liked the color representation from that lens. Another thing that was interesting was the amount of lens flair each one had. As a filmmaker having that “cinematic” type lens flair is a plus, but after seeing the results of the video it looks like the stock lens and Peau lens have a little too much. If I hadn’t already purchased the Peau lens I would really consider getting the PixAero!

Hey John, thanks for sharing that video! Yeah the PixAero lens looked really good, I especially liked the color representation from that lens. Another thing that was interesting was the amount of lens flair each one had. As a filmmaker having that “cinematic” type lens flair is a plus, but after seeing the results of the video it looks like the stock lens and Peau lens have a little too much. If I hadn’t already purchased the Peau lens I would really consider getting the PixAero!
Thanks. I have one H with stock and one with the Pizarro which I bought and had installed and focused at Carolina Dronz. Did not want to chance messing it up. Frank at Carolina provides great support and service.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin