Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

3rd flight - Loss of power - It Crashed hard! What happened?

That's good to hear from a battery safety standpoint but causes some concern with the "ready to fly out of the box" advertising. Many would assume the battery is fully charged and may crash after a short flight if they didn't pay attention to the voltage state.

You're not the only one man. Me two! Same day I got it, all accessories, second flight. Here's my story. Looks like ya missed it.

DopeDiculous
Well... I've had a Q 4k and modded the **** out of it and the ST10+ for over a year and love it. I loved the H for about ten minutes. I calibrated it, flew it for almost 10 minutes then landed it to take more pics. I then took off again to keep enjoying the expensive *** day we've all been waiting for. Then she started drifting and even though I was in a big open field, she started drifting outta control so much that I knew I had ZERO control. I flipped the RTH switch and she just kept flying til she smashed a tree and broke two props while the Cgo said "eff this!" And broke off!
Needless to say, I'm more than pissed. It was Christmas and a nightmare within a couple hrs. It reminded me about the days, just a couple years back where people had fly-aways... we've all felt that pain. Well, I felt that pain and I'll say this... "Its F**King awful watching $1300 just give you the finger and bounce! I got her down from the tree, but as you can see, she needs help. First flight was great, not the best distance (for video) where I was flying. Yuneec stayed with that same horrible design where the 5.8Ghz antenna is stuffed into the Cgo! So effing stupid! hence why I adjusted this on my Q by remounting a better antenna on the underbelly of the Q. Much better video and huge distance increase. Especially with the Itelite antenna with boosters. As for my first flight though... If I weren't a grown man, I swear on everything, I'd be crying. The park I fly at is so saturated with interference that I barley got 1300 feet. Then after I landed and took off, it was like a QX350 with a GoPro too close to it.
It basically said "later biach" and was not only embarrassing, but costly. Back to my good ol trusty Q til I get the H fixed and back, but I'll be honest, I'm gonna be scared with it til I get at least 10+ flights with it. My first flight was just too much, too fast and too expensive. Idk why I stay in this hobby after this happening, but I will give it one more chance to be the fun hobby I like so much with my Q, but damnit this **** is getting expensive! I went all out. Backpack, batteries, sun shield, Itelite on its way... *Shrug here's the last video of her before I landed, took off and she went bonkers :-\
Its currently in route to get fixed/replaced. The gimbal and two props appear to be the only things broken. There are 6 exposed wires for the Cgo. All different colors. Probably just some micro soldering and easy remount would fix it. I'll keep y'all posted.
https://goo.gl/photos/aaGvSy6bimQZYvGJ8

No, I did not see your previous post on this topic and only noticed this one right now. Yikes, sorry to hear about the mishap. That was a memorable ten minutes. Hopefully Yuneec gets you flying again. Glad to see you're taking it well :)

I'm pretty casual about these things as long as no one gets hurt. But I hear ya, I'll always have a low battery warning issue in the back of my mind now. I was out filming racing boats early this morning with my Phantom and after 18 minutes or so the typical low battery warning went off. I can say the alarm rattled me more than it normally would have.

That settles it for me, I'm buying a Phantom 4. There was another thread about it taking off and flying right into a tree, out of control. **** I had really high hopes for this drone. Sorry about your crash.

Get a X Star

So far it seems Yuneec is handling the initial reports of issues very responsibly. All I here about DJI when it comes to support is they are a PITA to deal with.

Just something else to consider if your trying to choose between the two.
I actually own two P3's and plan on ordering an H. I am not brand loyal. I will say I had a small issue with my P3P after 1million feet flown. I had a very quick response. Sent it on a Monday returned on Friday. My bird went to a repair facility in Arizona. When I got it back I was surprised to see that all was fixed and.... 2 motors were replaced, even though that's not why I sent it in. I love both of my P3s. They have been rock solid save the small crack on my Pro. My experience with DJI was not as described by people in this thread.

I'm here because I want something different. I really like the Hex design, retractable landing gear and 360 cam. I have learned though that early adopters often experience problems. I'm waiting for those issues to be remedied before I drop the $$$$. This H is a promising copter.

Keep flying

That I think is very fair comment. Yuneec are good at responding. No argument about that.
I really dislike these DJI versus Yuneec statements. Early on DJI customer service was bad.. I would submit they are much better. I can personally attest to their improved customer service.

I really dislike these DJI versus Yuneec statements. Early on DJI customer service was bad.. I would submit they are much better. I can personally attest to their improved customer service.

They must have saw the light i guess.. Granted my dealings were months ago but i can say for a fact they sucked then!:D

That settles it for me, I'm buying a Phantom 4. There was another thread about it taking off and flying right into a tree, out of control. **** I had really high hopes for this drone. Sorry about your crash.

Every bird has problems in the beginning also P3s and Inspire1s were falling out of the sky

I realy find 2 to 3 big mishaps is not a reason to buy again a DJI P4 ... and if you have problems with the P4 and there are people with problems than good luck with the DJI Support, They are really not so helpfull as Yuneec ... I can speak of that, I had a mishap with my Inspire 1 and i had to wait 3 months on the repair, received it back and it was not 100% repaired and had to send it back again, another 3 months, in total i had to wait 6 months before it was fully repaired ... So no DJI for me anymore ... I have a P3ADV and a Inspire 1. And really the small upgrades they placed on the Phantom is not worth to buy P4 again. If the P4 was a hexacopter then i was interested. I think i will wait some time. I still have a S900 DJI frame laying around. Perhaps i will test a pixhawk 2 (if 3DR will sell them ...)

Concerning the H, I hope i will receive mine next week. But because of the new law in my country i have to wait until the end of june when i receive my license before i can fly with it.
In my country you need a flying license to fly with drones heavier then 1Kg. And then i may fly up until 45m (150feet).

/\/\ax2206

Reactions: DopeDiculous
**** Cap, very sorry to hear about the crash. Mine will be here Wednesday and I was going to fly over the river by my house, now I am thinking to put 5 or so batteries through it before flying anywhere near the river. (Still waiting on my spare batteries too)

If you fly with a DJI and a new battery it is also always best to fly 3 to 4 cycles with that battery before doing a really long distance flight
So i will do the same with my H when it arrives ...
/\/\ax2206

The phantom is unstable. My p2+ for no reason one day just stopped midair, but only happened once.

My p3 pro I always do a hover test as I get the odd compass error message and once had an imu error message.

Turn it off and on again it's fine, but still not always stable.

Was flying my p3 pro one day and a compass error came up and kicked into atti, landed it fine.

None of these drones can be fully trusted and the reason never fly over cities and built up areas.

The technology is still new compared to aircraft, even the military have drones that at the odd time go haywire.

Just bought a couple T-H batteries locally and one seems to charge fine. The other, after maybe 25 mins. of charging, flashes red like it's charging, then flashes green a few times, then beeps once (like at the beginning of a charge), then flashes red a few more times, then repeats ad infinitum. Is the charger trying to balance the battery? Seems strange a new battery would be far out of balance. I'm afraid to use a suspect battery after The Captain's experience.

Just bought a couple T-H batteries locally and one seems to charge fine. The other, after maybe 25 mins. of charging, flashes red like it's charging, then flashes green a few times, then beeps once (like at the beginning of a charge), then flashes red a few more times, then repeats ad infinitum. Is the charger trying to balance the battery? Seems strange a new battery would be far out of balance. I'm afraid to use a suspect battery after The Captain's experience.
So you're saying one battery charges ok, but the other doesn't? If so, it has one or more bad cells. Return for replacement.

I have heard good and bad about DJI service.
Of course we only here the bad on the forums.
I never had an issue with my P3's so never needed service yet.
All I can say is Yuneec will have it's growing pains and we will see if they can keep on top of things as far as service.

blinking green/red means the charger is balancing the battery cells

They must have saw the light i guess.. Granted my dealings were months ago but i can say for a fact they sucked then!:D
To be honest I could care less what DJI does in this regard. I have 2 and they have been fantastic. But, It really has nothing to do with my H purchase and I definitely don't care to be the defender of DJI. I guess to some they feel the need to justify one over the other. I don't. I just get what I want and leave the brand loyalty out of it.

H is coming soon. So far there are no deal breakers for me. I am curious about range and flight time though. It is truly amazing that this bird flies as long as it does with six motors.

If you fly with a DJI and a new battery it is also always best to fly 3 to 4 cycles with that battery before doing a really long distance flight
So i will do the same with my H when it arrives ...
/\/\ax2206
This is just wrong.. There is no breakin for these batteries. I have 6 for mine and have flown the crap out of them.. Charge them to capacity... Fly them... Monitor the cell voltage.. Allow them to cool before recharging. Do not leave them charged for too long.. For me I bring mine down from full charge after 2 days. I'm not sure about the H but they are Lipos too.. Same principles apply. Fly the mess out of them!!!

Last edited:
This is just wrong.. There is no breakin for these batteries. I have 6 for mine and have flown the crap out of them.. Charge them to capacity... Fly them... Monitor the cell voltage.. Allow them to cool before recharging. Do not leave them charged for too long.. For me I bring mine down from full charge after 2 days. I'm not sure about the H but they are Lipos too.. Same principles apply. Fly the mess out of them!!!
The Phantom smart batteries allow you to set a discharge period for inactivity. Max time is 7 or 10 days (can't recall). Batteries discharge once max time period is hit if not used prior. I would be interested to know what the set time period is for the 4 cell Yuneec Typhoon H batteries (2 days, 4 days, etc?)

Great news! I'm the one that flew for a few min, landed and took off again and the H just wobbled and took off right into a tree. Getting my brand new one tomorrow!
Yuneec and my dealer are amazing!
Not sure if there's "rules" here on promoting a company, but IDC. www.CarolinaDronz.com has always been my go to, as they are very fast with shipping, customer service and actually answer their phones and know what they're talking about and will go so far outta their way to make you happy. Been flying my Q the last two weeks, but because of Them, I'll have a new H at my doorstep tomorrow. So thankful. Happy flying everyone and yeah, you'll find bad things that happen to a few people outta the millions that have a product. No need to jump ship and go to a less superior product, customer service and pay $100 more just because a couple people had a bad day.

Great news! I'm the one that flew for a few min, landed and took off again and the H just wobbled and took off right into a tree. Getting my brand new one tomorrow!
Yuneec and my dealer are amazing!
Not sure if there's "rules" here on promoting a company, but IDC. www.CarolinaDronz.com has always been my go to, as they are very fast with shipping, customer service and actually answer their phones and know what they're talking about and will go so far outta their way to make you happy. Been flying my Q the last two weeks, but because of Them, I'll have a new H at my doorstep tomorrow. So thankful. Happy flying everyone and yeah, you'll find bad things that happen to a few people outta the millions that have a product. No need to jump ship and go to a less superior product, customer service and pay $100 more just because a couple people had a bad day.
Glad to hear!

I shipped my unit back to Yuneec Yesterday via UPS. Unfortunately it won't arrive a Yuneec USA until around June 3rd. Not sure how long it will take after that before I receive a repaired or replaced unit. So far Yuneec customer service has been great!

I was thinking of adding a video to my Youtube channel detailing my dealings with Yuneec USA customer service and the H. So far everything has been positive!

Reactions: DopeDiculous

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech