Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

4K video quality mediocre

I like it

Very Impressed with that aftermarket lens. The more i read, the more impressive the Typhoon H is becoming. I am going to order the lens tomorrow and get ready for the 2nd shipment of the H. I am sure that within the next few months Yuneec will have a quicker setup for charging its batteries, which to me is the only annoying feature at the moment.

Both the videos on this post for me shows exactly why you would buy an H. Unrestricted camera aerial shot that not that many years back would only be got by the very expensive means of a helicopter. The challenge now is to use it a manner where shots taken from it will enhance the movie you are producing. Wondering about how marvellous it is and going on about the quality is no longer valid.

I'm new to drones and somewhat new to video in general. I just picked up the H which is my first step into this realm. I've been into still image photography since I was young, but the world of motion video is somewhat greek to me.

I've just started playing with some of the settings, and found that the 4096x2160 25fps at 49154kbps setting seemed to be "jerking". Seemed almost like the processor couldn't keep up with the information. I stepped it back to 3840x2160 25fps and it seems better. It also seems like flying too fast or close increases this issue, especially with high contrast of deep blues and greens against lighter horizon lines and such.

I put together a quick rough edit in iMovie to upload. You can likely guess which clips are which. I am now realizing the video is set to "gorgeous" which must have been the default, would raw yield a better base footage from which to work with in post? Most of this shot in low or well diffused light. I'd like to hear thoughts on how I can improve the settings. Also, can you change frame rates to match in post? I think I've got some ducky glitches going from a possible 30fps shot clip or two.

Also, in this video when during the scene with the paddle boarder the f/stop seems to choppily change as the camera sensor sees more lit sky coming out from under the bridge, can I control f/stop so that it doesn't change and I just balance for the overall scene/pan?

Am I even making sense?

Hi Wookscat,
That looks good buddy. noticed a small amount of blur on the left side 2/3rds way down edge but nice video.
I think you will find that the "jerkiness" is caused by the computers lack of ability to keep up. Google required specs needed to edit 4k video and see what you need compared to what your running.
Oh and just adding filters would have made it look great.

Hi Wookscat,
That looks good buddy. noticed a small amount of blur on the left side 2/3rds way down edge but nice video.
I think you will find that the "jerkiness" is caused by the computers lack of ability to keep up. Google required specs needed to edit 4k video and see what you need compared to what your running.
Oh and just adding filters would have made it look great.

Thanks for the reply CA! It's a fairly recent Macbook Pro, here is a screenshot of the spec. Do you think that's the issue?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 9.52.53 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 9.52.53 PM.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 9
Thanks for the reply CA! It's a fairly recent Macbook Pro, here is a screenshot of the spec. Do you think that's the issue?

Same as me. Trust me this is more than enough for 4k footage. I have read in a thread on here that there is a problem with how video from the H is played back on macs - quite annoying. Youre doing nothing wrong. I'll see if i can find it#

Edit: Found it. Point 1. Check out the video posted too

Typhoon H Issues

When I compare 4K video from the Typhoon H with a Phantom 3 or 4, it seems much worse to me. Not only is the lens certainly not better than the P3 or P4 (to put it lightly), but there is also an amazing amount of jello and vibration. I was flying in very sunny conditions, and I should have used a filter, but still, I flew the Phantom 4 at the same time (without filter as well), and the jello was less.
This was in 4096x2160 25fps at 49154kbps. (I probably should've used 30 fps, but couldn't find it that quickly)
The P4 flies in 3840x2160 29.97fps 59945kbps.
So that's 20% more bandwidth for less pixels.

Not saying the Typhoon H is bad, but these are just my observations. Maybe I should fly in 1080 anyway...

Has anyone flown here in 4K mode?
Change your rubber dampers from CGO3+ to CGO2 rubber dampers. That's what I did with mine and almost instantly the jello effect was completely gone. Here's the link:

YUNEEC Rubber Dampers for CGO2-GB Camera (8-Pack) YUNCGO2GB101

Reactions: Moldy_Noldy
Looks good on paper but I heard somewhere that there are people having problems with the H on apple. Not sure what exactly as I don't use apple products and have no interest in them sorry, Google it and see what ya find.

Last edited:
Same as me. Trust me this is more than enough for 4k footage. I have read in a thread on here that there is a problem with how video from the H is played back on macs - quite annoying. Youre doing nothing wrong. I'll see if i can find it#

Edit: Found it. Point 1. Check out the video posted too

Typhoon H Issues

Yup, that video is exactly like what I'm experiencing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval