Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

5 min recording segments????

its just the 499.00 out of the box DJI standard. Iv'e done a lot of mods to it but nothing to the stock camera that it comes with. So your saying the advanced and the pro film in 5min segments? Cause not sure about those.
My P3 Pro/P4 do, with the stock SD Card or a high quality SD Card also

I just verified that I have several segments +15 minutes in length from my P4. Gotta dig up some P3P but I'm pretty sure it's the same. All my cards are exFAT and 32G or 64G Sandisk cards.

Reactions: DroneClone
That's weird. The standard that I have has beautiful video and can get out as far as p4, but again I did some mods to get it to do the long flights. Let me ask you a question? Coming from a DJI go app to the Typhoon how the **** do you know your orientation of the craft because the DJI shows navigation of you and the drone which makes it real cool to fly.

P3P is the same too. No limitations that I can see. As a matter of fact, I have thought it odd with the TH since I got it. Just never thought to ask the question but it's a real PITA because I don't do any post. All of my stuff I post is SOC and that's part of the reason I don't use the TH nearly as much as I do my Phantoms.

That's weird. The standard that I have has beautiful video and can get out as far as p4, but again I did some mods to get it to do the long flights. Let me ask you a question? Coming from a DJI go app to the Typhoon how the **** do you know your orientation of the craft because the DJI shows navigation of you and the drone which makes it real cool to fly.
H green arrow always points the direction to move the stick to bring her home, I know wacky backwards

If your DJI platforms do film the full length, please let me know what equipment you are using, because I have had no luck whatsoever!:confused:

I've had my Phantoms for a while and AFAIK, I've never seen a segmenting problem. I will grant you that I don't ever recall even testing the 16G cards that come with them and they are probably FAT? I don't know. I throw all my 16's in a box and forget about them unless I'm doing updates or something.

Fixing this should be a priority with Yuneec. It is a royal PITA.

I do remember doing some very brief reading about a limitation imposed by the Android OS and some scuttlebutt about 5 minute limits with that. Maybe that's coming into play here.

Reactions: Joe22
So no matter what I have to splice the video together?
15 minutes is to long of a video for social media anyways! Your viewers will be bored. Just load all the best sections and pull 5-20 second clips from them to make one 5 minute video!

Reactions: mwfoshee
Not sure what you mean?

There is always visual of the multi, of course, but what he's referring to is an arrow on the screen that always shows the heading of the aircraft. I think that's what it shows. To be honest, I've never paid it much attention because I've been flying fixed wing and helis for years so orientation has never been an issue for me. Orientation and the sticks are as instinctual to me as tying my shoes.

15 minutes is to long of a video for social media anyways! Your viewers will be bored. Just load all the best sections and pull 5-20 second clips from them to make one 5 minute video!

So you're defending 5 minute segments by saying 15 minutes is too long. Duly noted. I'll take that under advisement. :)

Social media? That's not what I use mine for. :)

Last edited:
There is always visual of the multi, of course, but what he's referring to is an arrow on the screen that always shows the heading of the aircraft.
I noticed the green arrow when the craft is going away from me is showing the wide part, is that normal? You would think the craft going away would show the point of the arrow.

I noticed the green arrow when the craft is going away from me is showing the wide part, is that normal? You would think the craft going away would show the point of the arrow.

You may want to search. I know there have been a lot of threads about that and I remember that it is obscure the way they chose to implement it, but as I said above and for the reasons above, I've never really paid it that much attention.

You may want to search. I know there have been a lot of threads about that and I remember that it is obscure the way they chose to implement it, but as I said above and for the reasons above, I've never really paid it that much attention.
Roger that

So you're defending 5 minute segments by saying 15 minutes is too long. Duly noted. I'll take that under advisement. :)
I am not defending anything! I am saying that if I didn't have 5 minute sections and one full 15-20 minute flight recorded, unless I was making a movie, it is irrelevant to the filming I do, as I stitch my panoramas together anyways! Plus all my platforms chop the full videos into segments and I have not been able to correct this!

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
In your opinion since you have DJI and Typhoon which one do you lean to?

DJI also chunks the files but depending on the file size (4GB IIRC) and not on the movie length like the YTH with its 5 min interval.
DJI users never filming in 4k (Inspire/P3P 60Mbs) but using 1080p only (Inspire/P3P 25Mbs) will probably not experience these chunks. For 1080p it will take approx. 22 min until the 4GB limit is reached. So they would have to land and change the battery before that.
4 K DJI users have a file chunk about every 10 minutes, so at least two chunks per battery...

Dunno. Never had a problem with my DJI stuff. That's all I can tell you. I did not get into the Phantom game until my P3P though. I fought it for a long time as I Wanted to hate them but I got to a point where my 350QX's weren't cutting what I wanted to do anymore and it was just hard to deny what DJI had become, so I sucked it up and bought one. And then another. :D

I cannot speak to DJI's video segment lengths prior to my jumping in.

Reactions: DroneClone
DJI also chunks the files but depending on the file size (4GB IIRC) and not on the movie length like the YTH with its 5 min interval.
DJI users never filming in 4k (Inspire/P3P 60Mbs) but using 1080p only (Inspire/P3P 25Mbs) will probably not experience these chunks. For 1080p it will take approx. 22 min until the 4GB limit is reached. So they would have to land and change the battery before that.
4 K DJI users have a file chunk about every 10 minutes, so at least two chunks per battery...

That makes perfect sense and now that I think about it, I think my 4k segments do get restarted but like you said, it has nothing to do with time, per se, but rather the 4G filesize limitation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss