Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

5 min recording segments????

P3P is the same too. No limitations that I can see. As a matter of fact, I have thought it odd with the TH since I got it. Just never thought to ask the question but it's a real PITA because I don't do any post. All of my stuff I post is SOC and that's part of the reason I don't use the TH nearly as much as I do my Phantoms.
I would like to WF , know if there is something wrong with my H and Phantoms, that is causing them to record 15 minute flight time recordings into 3- 6 minute sections, Any advise it greatly appreciated my friend!:)

The green arrow always points to you.. the pilot from the orientation of the H.

Bill W.

Did they ever make that configurable so that it could be configured to show the heading of the aircraft? That would make so much more sense, at least to me. Maybe it's my nature since I'm a FS pilot also and used to seeing it that way on the con.

I would like to WF , know if there is something wrong with my H and Phantoms, that is causing them to record 15 minute flight time recordings into 3- 6 minute sections, Any advise it greatly appreciated my friend!:)
I guess i brought up a good topic....

Reactions: DroneClone
Did they ever make that configurable so that it could be configured to show the heading of the aircraft? That would make so much more sense, at least to me. Maybe it's my nature since I'm a FS pilot also and used to seeing it that way on the con.
I haven't heard of anything.

Bill W.

Dunno. Never had a problem with my DJI stuff. That's all I can tell you. I did not get into the Phantom game until my P3P though. I fought it for a long time as I Wanted to hate them but I got to a point where my 350QX's weren't cutting what I wanted to do anymore and it was just hard to deny what DJI had become, so I sucked it up and bought one. And then another. :D

I cannot speak to DJI's video segment lengths prior to my jumping in.
I have to state if I was given a choice that forever I could have either one choice, A P3Pro/4 or H. I would have to be totally honest and tell you the Phantoms. NOT THAT I DO NOT LIKE MY H !!!!:eek:

Don't have any advice on the DJI side because I've never had to deal with it. Mine have just always worked.

On the TH side, if we ever get to the bottom of it, my bet would be that it has something to do with the Android limitation I talked about above. Regardless, Yuneec needs to fix it because it's a PITA for anybody that always goes SOC like I do 95% of the time.

Reactions: DroneClone
I have to state if I was given a choice that forever I could have either one choice, A P3Pro/4 or H. I would have to be totally honest and tell you the Phantoms. NOT THAT I DO NOT LIKE MY H !!!!:eek:

I like'em both and for different reasons, but remember. I'm a pilot/hobbyist FIRST and a videographer secondarily. I enjoy the cameras but I'd be flying all of'em if they didn't have cameras. Since they do though, I want them to work like they're supposed to. Make sense?

Well i got a killer deal on my H and i'm wondering if i should sell it and grab a P3P? I love the way it looks its just not polished like the phantoms are. I know if i sell it they will come out with a killer firmware update. loll

I'm probably the only weirdo on here that does this but I probably fly mine 50%+ of the time and never turn the camera on.

Reactions: drone flyer
Well i got a killer deal on my H and i'm wondering if i should sell it and grab a P3P? I love the way it looks its just not polished like the phantoms are. I know if i sell it they will come out with a killer firmware update. loll

Keep it and buy a Phantom. You can never have too many aircraft. Ask my wife! :D

The sheer number of machines that fly hanging up in my shop would blow 95% of the folks in this forum away. I probably have more airplanes with just 10' or greater wingspans than most of these guys have spoons in their cupboards. :D

I live on a 250 acre farm and step out my back door onto a 700' grass runway with the sun at my back. :)

Heading, course and wind direction/speed handling on a drone app would be fine. These navigational basics are simply negated by DJI/Yuneec apps. They all use an indefinable mix up of everything. That often makes me smile when I see the drone finding itself unable to decide whether to fly a track or heading...

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
Keep it and buy a Phantom. You can never have too many aircraft. Ask my wife! :D

The sheer number of machines that fly hanging up in my shop would blow 95% of the folks in this forum away. I probably have more airplanes with just 10' or greater wingspans than most of these guys have spoons in their cupboards. :D
I have a Phantom PS now but i got the H cause I picked it up for a song and a dance. I could sell in and make money on it to probably buy a P4 Ii'm just not sure if i should keep the H or get the P4, but no matter what the PS has to go says the wife...lol

I have a Phantom PS now but i got the H cause I picked it up for a song and a dance. I could sell in and make money on it to probably buy a P4 Ii'm just not sure if i should keep the H or get the P4, but no matter what the PS has to go says the wife...lol
I have a Typhoon for sale 1000.00 with the wand and a 2 year warranty which i think its transferable. the warranty has never been activated and was purchased june 10-16. flown twice. I think im going back to DJI....

I have a Typhoon for sale 1000.00 with the wand and a 2 year warranty which i think its transferable. the warranty has never been activated and was purchased june 10-16. flown twice. I think im going back to DJI....

Just remember that they ALL have their little nuances. 6 of one, half dozen of the other. It's like one of my other hobbies and folks jumping constantly between Nikon, Canon and Sony (and even some of the others). Some play it as a game. Some of us just buy all of'em and play. :D

Reactions: Joe22
I have a P3P and a YTH PRO RS. They are really totally different birds and I enjoy flying them both (successively!). They have different concepts and both developers aim different targets. They have their pros and cons and I like learning to make the best use of the two worlds...

The way I think of it, is if you have the camera pointing forwards (put the pan switch forward), then the green arrow points 'home'. Push the stick in that direction and the H comes back to you. It doesn't actually matter which way the camera points, but that makes the arrow make sense.

I thought the H's chunking was on file size, not time - sure I saw a longer film than 5 minutes, but that's probably wrong. I film everything in raw and run it through a pre-set set of filters to get the most out of it before sharing, so it doesn't hurt to join segments at the same time. It all rather depends what you want to use your film for though.

Reactions: Joe22
The way I think of it, is if you have the camera pointing forwards (put the pan switch forward), then the green arrow points 'home'. Push the stick in that direction and the H comes back to you. It doesn't actually matter which way the camera points, but that makes the arrow make sense.

I thought the H's chunking was on file size, not time - sure I saw a longer film than 5 minutes, but that's probably wrong. I film everything in raw and run it through a pre-set set of filters to get the most out of it before sharing, so it doesn't hurt to join segments at the same time. It all rather depends what you want to use your film for though.
The green arrow IMO in the end is a representation of what the "Smart" mode uses. That should be why the green arrow is only shown in "Angle" mode...

My YTH files on the SD card all are 5m00s, 5m00s, 5m00s, 3m15s on a "18m15s flight". The recording length in the upper ST16+ display and the local stored file show 18m15s length though...

What are your experiences using "Raw" mode files' blacks (shadows) and whites (highlights)? Are the shadows below trees and bright clouds really recoverable? I use "Night" mode because at least the shadows are "alive"....

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech