Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

5 min recording segments????

I don't mind the 5 min, except when the transition is in the middle of a scene that I want whole.
Sometimes, I forget to check if I am about to reach a 5 min transition before making a pass.

I use Final Cut Pro X and there is a definite blip when the clips are spliced.

I don't mind the 5 min, except when the transition is in the middle of a scene that I want whole.
Sometimes, I forget to check if I am about to reach a 5 min transition before making a pass.

Previewing the clips in sequence (playlist) in Windows Mediaplayer stitches the chunks quite well, not perfect though. I did not test stitching and exporting with Premiere Pro CC until now, but I suppose it should work.
Avoiding the 5 minutes chunks by trying to generate shorter clips manually and adopting the flights to that is really quite annoying...

Reactions: Joe22
If your DJI platforms do film the full length, please let me know what equipment you are using, because I have had no luck whatsoever!:confused:

Both DJI Phaontom 2 Vision Plus and the DJI Phantom 3 Professional record he entire length of the flight -- 12-15 minutes. And, by the way, their files are properly time-stamped and wait -- there's more -- their files are sequential - in that their file name contains the next file number even when there are no files on the SD Card. I.e. DJI_00015 will be the next file when the last file written was DJI00014 even when there are NO files on the card. The camera remembers that file name of the last file on the card or not - as opposed to the Yuneec where you have to always leave the last file on the card so it knows where to start numbering from. Not a big deal, but for those of us who are commercially inclined and keep accurate logs and records -- this is a real nuisance.

Deep down no one wants to see long endless flights - do they? I turn the camera on and off for each of my selected shots. This means that if connection is lost you do not risk losing a load of useful material. Also makes finding material easier in the edit.

Deep down no one wants to see long endless flights - do they? I turn the camera on and off for each of my selected shots. This means that if connection is lost you do not risk losing a load of useful material. Also makes finding material easier in the edit.

Actually, I like to leave it running in case something strange happens. That way you have video proof.

What is all of a sudden your craft 'freaked out'. With the video still running, you'd have video proof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, I like to leave it running in case something strange happens. That way you have video proof.

What is all of a sudden your craft 'freaked out'. With the video still running, you'd have video proof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never really thought of that - a good point.

I back up original mp4 files to 2 drives and convert to Prores 422 for editing. the earlier post about numbering highlights the fact that it does not matter what each file is called as long as it is different to anything else generated on the camera - digital photography 101. I Hope an update will rectify this Yuneec oversight in due course.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech