Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A word of caution about batteries

Reaction score
If you're out in the field and it begins to rain, make absolutely certain the battery cavity in the hard shell backpack stays dry. The battery sits squarely on the bottom and any water that accumulates will cause the battery to short.

It happened to me and ruined two batteries. It didn't take much rain to form a puddle down there.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
Wow. Sounds like two small holes might be in order. I haven't looked to see if that's possible but I'm going to. That's a pretty poor design. Surprised somebody hasn't run across this until now. :(

If you're out in the field and it begins to rain, make absolutely certain the battery cavity in the hard shell backpack stays dry. The battery sits squarely on the bottom and any water that accumulates will cause the battery to short.

It happened to me and ruined two batteries. It didn't take much rain to form a puddle down there.
Great point! do you have the stock Yuneec hardshell backpack that was offered when the H first arrived?

Great point! do you have the stock Yuneec hardshell backpack that was offered when the H first arrived?

Yes, received the backpack before the H. I'm not sure why they discontinued it. Maybe too heavy? I like it personally; can set it in water and keeps

I was at a mud fest when it began to rain lightly just as I was setting up. I had an umbrella and covered everything as best I could. However, as little as it did get wet, the water filled the very bottom of the battery cavity. Since the battery bottoms out any amount will fry the battery. It didn't go bad right away, but I knew it wasn't good when I saw the blue on the battery terminals. The second battery is not trash but probably will be after a few more charges; not sure yet.

Tough lesson learned. Now I can't sell the B&H Photo battery to someone that needed one for a good price.

Reactions: DroneClone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece