Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Accelerometer calibration

Tap on calibration on St 16 and choose accelerometer..... for more info watch this video:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: QuadBart
I agree there is nothing in the manual regarding how to calibrate the accelerometer. I had to post the same question as you. Regarding frequency. I only do it if I notice my birds (phantom, Q500, or H) is drifting around or I do a firmware upgrade on the bird...

I know where on the S16 it is. How do you do it? This showed me nothing.

For example, will I have to spin this thing according to some blinking lights such as what the lady did in the gps calibration video? How is it done? Not where is it. Thanks anyway.
When the video has played for 3.16 minutes you can see where/what to tap for all calibration options ;-)

Tap the tab and it will tell you what to do my friend! I understand Yuneec is not too informative on many things of yet, but just tap it and it will probably just tell you to set on a level surface and do not move, then tap ok, and let it do it's thing, I personally have not done the ACC Cali, as my bird fly's smooth as a babies bottom, Thank God !

How to perform Accelerometer Calibration. I see nothing in the users manual on this subject.

ACCELEROMETER C ALIBRATION

STEP 1) Place the TYPHOON H on a level and stable surface. Switch on
the ST16 Ground Station and the aircraft and wait till the RC and WiFi
connected.

STEP 2) Make sure the FLIGHT MODE switch is in the middle position.
Tap the GPS Calibration but ton, and choose 'ACCELEROMETER'.

STPE 3) Keep the aircraft stable during the calibration process. During
calibration, the main led will blink red, green and blue slowly at first
and rapidly afterwards. If calibration succeed. The copter will restart
automatically. You will recognize the this when you hear the raising
tone.

NOTICE: You must do the acceler ometer calibration in no-wind condition.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If calibration has failed, the Main LED Status
Indicator will be solid white and you must repeat the calibration
process. If the calibration continues to fail, either the site of calibration
is unsuitable or the accelerometer is defective. Refer to your
Yuneec service center.

connected.

tone.

Yuneec service center.
Nice ! Thanks;)

connected.

tone.

Yuneec service center.

does this mean on step 3 to take off and hover or
just leave it on the ground ?

Don't know if it has already been mentioned, but the SD card included with the H has several "How To" videos on it. Calibrations are among them.

No, leave it on the ground or whatever flat and level place you have it sitting...

you know step 3 that Yuneec mentioned above "Keep the aircraft stable during the calibration process."

does not sound like leave the aircraft on the ground . since it was already on the ground in step 1

maybe there verbiage is whats causing so many crashes . will wait for Yuneec's comment on the matter .

Agreed, its not clear, I had the same thought as you. But one of my other posts somewhere, Yuneec says the Accelerometer calibration method is the same for both the "H" and Q500. The Q500 has it sitting in one place. I did mine sitting "still" and it "appears" to be working fine...

you know step 3 that Yuneec mentioned above "Keep the aircraft stable during the calibration process."

does not sound like leave the aircraft on the ground . since it was already on the ground in step 1

maybe there verbiage is whats causing so many crashes . will wait for Yuneec's comment on the matter .

Depends, I use a carpenter's level with the bubble to ensure where I do my Accelerometer calibration, the surface and the bird are actually level. I would recommend even if you do it on a table you use a carpenter's level to ensure the table itself is level, I've seen tables that leaned in one direction or another. Using a level will ensure no matter the surface, your bird is level...

On a level table, grounds are not too level!, with props off

Depends, I use a carpenter's level with the bubble to ensure where I do my Accelerometer calibration, the surface and the bird are actually level. I would recommend even if you do it on a table you use a carpenter's level to ensure the table itself is level, I've seen tables that leaned in one direction or another. Using a level will ensure no matter the surface, your bird is level...
I will correct my list to add level table, not ground!

Strange...in the Typhoon Manual V1.3 it clearly states that the calibration should be done taking off from a level surface and hovering in the AIR! So confused....

ACCELEROMETER CALIBRATION

STEP 1) Place the TYPHOON H on a level and stable surface. Switch on the ST16 Ground Station and the aircraft and wait till the RC and WiFi connected.
STEP 2) Make sure the FLIGHT MODE switch is in the middle position. Tap the GPS Calibration button, switch off GPS and choose 'ACCELER- OMETER'.

STPE 3) When the main LED indicator blinks red , green and blue slowly, hold the motor start/stop button to start the motor, then the main LED indicator will blink red, green and blue rapidly. Push the throttle joystick gently above the middle position to take off the aircraft. Meanwhile, keep the aircraft hovering manually until the main LED indicator blinks red, green and blue slowly again.

STEP 4) Landing the aircraft and hold the motor start/stop button to stop the motors, the copter will restart automatically. You will recog- nize the this when you hear the raising tone.
NOTICE: You must do the accelerometer calibration in no-wind condition.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval