Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. Markinter

Wanted to see how I could attach my cellphone to the H and not get too much vibration. I think this pic looks pretty good but I still need to work on mount. I set camera to take pics every 5 seconds. Here are a few shots. DSC_0025.JPG DSC_0025.JPG DSC_0032.JPG

Brian Mackey, Forrestt and Rayray like this.
  2. Rayray

Rayray Moderator
    Staff Member

Ha! That is cool.

3. Markinter

I used a hand held 3 axis gimbal for cellphone and had it dangle straight down. It added a lot of weight but the h handled it well. You have to hand launch and catch because the handle is about a foot long.

Rayray likes this.
  4. McLongShaft

Can you show us a photo of what it looks like attached to your H when you get a chance? Sounds pretty amazing! Personally, I've often wondered about putting an FPV camera on the H. I know there's a mod for the inspire that looks nice and sleak, but nothing for the H yet. I'd like to be able to fly FPV with somebody else controlling the CGO3+

5. Markinter

I'm going to use some carbon fiber tubes I have to mount phone gimbal to legs of H. I'll film that once I get it together. You've seen those hand held gimbals for cell phones, just imagine one dangling below the landing gear :) . Launching while holding the H was easier than I thought. Once I fired up the motors and gave it some thrust the craft hovered nicely. I think the added weight helped the H hover very very still!
    The cool possibility with 2 cameras is you get 2 different angles at the same time depending on which way you face the cameras. Also the cell phone has a narrower fov.

6. WilsonFlyer

7. Markinter

I actually have the Samsung Gear 360 but haven't tried it yet on H. I've seen videos of people hanging it by a cord. Bad thing about 360 video is you can't mix it with standard video. Watching your own 360 videos with gear vr goggles is pretty cool.

Not playing back in 360 for some reason?