Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Adjusting Gimbal Tilt speed (Here's How)

Reaction score

I recently watched a YT video on how to slow down the rotation of the CGO3+ by going into the mapping app in the tablet. I really want to slow my rotation down to about 7 seconds the way this guy did as stock is just too fast. So here is a link to the video and the procedures. It worked well for me.

BE CERTAIN THE TILT SLIDER IS COMPLETELY UP BEFORE PROCEEDING
1.Tap Channel settings
2. Tap OK
3. Tap A03
4. Tap K2
5. Tap Edit
6. Tap + or - beside "speed" in the lower left of your screen to set the desired ms or sec. It should be factory set to 10ms.
7. Tap Save
8. Tap the return button twice.
Note: K2 will be colored Red upon the second tap of the return button when exiting the control settings. This is normal.
9. Move slider switch all the way to the downward most position and wait for camera to fully transition to 90deg down.
10. Move slider switch to the up most position. That's it! You have now reconfigured the camera to make it's full motion within the time you entered.

I recently watched a YT video on how to slow down the rotation of the CGO3+ by going into the mapping app in the tablet. I really want to slow my rotation down to about 7 seconds the way this guy did as stock is just too fast. So here is a link to the video and the procedures. It worked well for me.

1.Tap Channel settings
2. Tap OK
3. Tap A03
4. Tap K2
5. Tap Edit
6. Tap + or - beside "speed" in the lower left of your screen to set the desired ms or sec. It should be factory set to 10ms.
7. Tap Save
Note: K2 will be colored Red upon the second tap of the return button when exiting the control settings. This is normal.
9. Move slider switch all the way to the downward most position and wait for camera to fully transition to 90deg down.
10. Move slider switch to the up most position. That's it! You have now reconfigured the camera to make it's full motion within the time you entered.
I really like that. Plus you can do it pretty quick to allow you to modify to your needs in the field.

Great info, thanks. What setting gave you the 7 seconds, MB?
I'm sorry I forgot to mention my desired setting I've found for the way I like to shoot...first of all the settings start in Milliseconds...keep pressing plus until it changes to seconds...personally I set it at 10 seconds so that as I fly it performs a very nice slow "reveal" from birdseye view up to normal or vise versa...of course your mileage may vary but I like it slow and smooth, the creator of the video liked 7 seconds but I found that still too rapid for my tastes and how I've had things set for other gimbals
I've used in the past.

Thank you for that instruction along with the video... very helpful. RayRay this would be a worthy addition
to the reference helps thread.

Reactions: Mark Davini
You're most welcome I stumbled across it looking for more information on expo settings so I could fly a bit smoother like I used to be able to when I used a high end radio. It was so simple and straight forward that I thought it was worthy of sharing...I never used or very seldom used the tilt because of how rapid it was. When I did use it I slowed it in post.

Great post MB. I have very rarely used the tilt on the gimbal as I have found it too fast/jerky. I'm going to make these changes for sure - thanks.

Works and is easy, so let's make it a sticky for a few days.
Many thanks to Mickeyboo for posting it.

NOTE: Please do not experiment with the other Channels unless you either know what you are doing or you just do not care.

Last edited by a moderator:

1.Tap Channel settings
2. Tap OK
3. Tap A03
4. Tap K2
5. Tap Edit
7. Tap Save
Do you do this with the H turned on?

Thanks, Mickeyboo. This works very well.
It's handy to leave the Typhoon on so you can check the speed of tilt looks right.

You can also tweak starting point for camera. I have customized my switch for gimbal tilt to use all three positions. The first position keeps camera pointed forward with appropriate control over tilt which you can also customize for different roll rates for speed. Second or middle position moves camera tilt slightly up for more skyline relative to land. This has a slower roll rate programmed. Finally, 3rd position which allows for more upward looks is set to not see motor pods or blades when slider up all the way up and has an even slower tilt rate similar to what's described earlier. I've also adjusted pan rate curves where pan does not start immediately upon twist from center and depending on position, pans faster or slower on my expo curve. You can really customize your gimbal behavior if you understand proportional radio control systems. The ST 16 is crazy programmable for experienced users. Last tip is to back up your flight data because this customization will go away during firmware update.

Crazy programmable indeed CraigCam but it seems the jury is still out on whether or not you can properly control expo with it...thus far I find I had far more Taranis... I would really love to here from anyone who has been able to smooth it out by adjust expo for now I use the directional buttons for smoothest performance or take it off GPS. Good suggestion for adjusting separately for three position switch...

Reactions: AussieCate
Crazy programmable indeed CraigCam but it seems the jury is still out on whether or not you can properly control expo with it...thus far I find I had far more Taranis... I would really love to here from anyone who has been able to smooth it out by adjust expo for now I use the directional buttons for smoothest performance or take it off GPS. Good suggestion for adjusting separately for three position switch...

I won't touch expo for any flight controls but it can work on gimbal parameters. I sat for hours trying different numbers to find some sweet spots. It's tempting to curve the throttle for example but the turtle/rabbit slider is basically a sweeping flight mode control. For this reason, you can't predict the curve behavior so you don't want to mess with any stick parameters.

Also by using Mickeyboo's instructions, and choosing A04 and K1, I have also been able to slow down the pan rate...
Like the tilt rate, default was set at 10ms. I used 3 seconds as a starting point.

Also by using Mickeyboo's instructions, and choosing A04 and K1, I have also been able to slow down the pan rate...
Like the tilt rate, default was set at 10ms. I used 3 seconds as a starting point.

I could be wrong but the 10ms is for the time it takes to start signal from the center/off neutral position. I recall when playing with this value that it only delayed when my tilt or pan started moving. The speed of rotation is controlled by the knobs position relative to distance rotated. At its extremes, it rotates very quickly as we all know. By changing the ms value to secs, you are delaying the start time so when you twist the knob to initiate movement, it will take that 3 secs before moving. This allows you to place the knob in slow moving position like 1:00 for right pan, and 3 secs later it moves at your preset speed consistently. Same holds true for tilt slider as it also has a neutral position. The speed is actually set by the pitch curves hence the expo shaping to control tilt position angles as well as speed.

I'll check that, as it seemed to slow down the pan rate at more extreme settings.

I'll check that, as it seemed to slow down the pan rate at more extreme settings.

With patience, you can dial in both the pan knob and tilt slider for slower and smoother movement and less glitchy acceleration. I've got the 3rd position on the tilt switch allowing me to roll from that 90 down to high pitch up on slower rates then position 2 and 1. There were long hours spent looking at fixed room reference points to tweak in the highest angle up on position 3 to not pick up the TH in the shot. It pays off if more active motion is needed to follow accelerating or decelerating subject matter. Removing the linearity of the knob and slider and having logarithmic values is way more creative.

Similar to using levels and curves in Photoshop, as opposed to straight brightness and contrast settings...
is there any way you could post some sort of screen capture of where you found the most effective
settings? Is there such a thing as a "print screen" on the ST16? Or a youtube video of the settings?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece