Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Advice after my first crash and repair - chapter 1

Reaction score
I got tangled in a branch and wound up with a few broken parts. I ordered all the parts and found that I mistakenly ordered a "A" arm instead of a "B" arm. Since I ordered only the arm and not the accompanying motor, I thought it would be fine to remove the "B" motor from the broken arm and use it in the new arm.

I took the bird out for the test flight today and it flew plenty steady from what I could tell, but the video came out with some serious jello effect. As I've done research on this forum and others sites, I find the biggest culprits are propeller balance and making sure dampeners are seated correctly.

I have installed new dampeners and I will buy a balance today, but wonder if using an "A" arm where a "B" arm should be used is contributing to the problem. The arm looks the same in every other way.

Thoughts?

If you look at the arms they have a slightly different angle. when I ordered arms after my Typhoon backed into a branch I ordered them with the motors. $59.95 with the motor $49.95 without the motor.

Reactions: Steve Carr
If you look at the arms they have a slightly different angle. when I ordered arms after my Typhoon backed into a branch I ordered them with the motors. $59.95 with the motor $49.95 without the motor.
That might explain the jello in the video.

Thank you. I tightened up the pins in the opposite corners (The new ones came with a couple of hex nuts) and did shave down one side of 1 propeller. The video came out much better today, though still not perfect. I will order the correct arm and see if that's the difference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis