Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

After market charger

Well called yuneec UK they said send it back to them so it's away today so hopefully get a new one under warranty

Ok while charging my 2nd yuneec battery today this has developed the same fault as the 1st one I just got replaced by yuneec what is going on here

Just found this on a site any members got 1 or used 1 now wonder what you would have to put ur aftermarket charger rate up to if 4 batteries on it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170606-004940.png
    Screenshot_20170606-004940.png
    934.3 KB · Views: 20
Stay away from the multi port charging boards.
They're bad news.
I have a couple and here's what happened to me....
On a multi port board, what one battery gets they all get.
I charged four batteries. My charger died on one leg (to much pull on charger) so all four batteries became seriously unbalanced on one leg. I spent hours trying to get all four back to a balanced charge that my charger could see and not give error warnings.
The boards are not insulated or isolated and if you get the board into some metal... a dead short is bound to occur.
My suggestion... stay away from the multi port charging boards.
Jmo :)

Thanks jafo for that yes I will stay away from them that's terrible that these are allowed to be sold

Jafo at the moment I keep my batteries in the case with my Q is it ok or should the batteries be laying flat

I must have an iMax charger somewhere in my storage room. I used to charge my Align Trex 450 Pro V2 lipos back in the days...

Question on the charger it gives input charge rate now am I right in saying this should be set to 12.6 volts

Hi here is the instructions if anyone can help with my question

Attachments

• charger instructions.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
Been away on Vacation...
I turn off the timer. I watch it enough it's not needed for me.
Your charger should taper off the charge as the battery fills up and should have a minimal trickle charge when it's done.
There should be no heat build up at all. If so, reduce the charge rate.
I start most of charge cycles at 5-6 amps and let the charger do the rest.

Thanks jafo For the 5400 yuneec battery I set at 5.4 and for the 6400 gifi power I set 6.4 that correct that way not puting too much in to damage

This guy ships to the UK.
The Duo comes with all you need to charge two Q batteries.
Venom Pro Duo Dual 80W AC/DC LiPo LiFe NiMH NiCd 7-Amp Battery Charger FREE SHIP | eBay

Happy Hunting.
:)

Added: If you don't already have them, you might need a couple of these too.
10pcs JST-XH 3S Lipo Balance Wire Extension Charged Cable Lead 11.8" 30cm | eBay

Not quite true. you will need to buy a second EC3 charge cord and a second Yuneec cable/balance cable.
The Venom Pro Duo comes with one EC3 charge cable and 2 balance boards.you need to supply the balance cables (the cable you use to charge the batteries with the Yuneec charger).

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval