Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Air Force Anti-drone Activity

Personally,
If your dumb enough to buzz a Military base with anything, they should just blow you out of the sky. The net does allow for the wreckage to be investigated.

Now if a parachute could be deployed once the net has the drone, then we all might have something! Probably not so good for the "falling brick" syndrome, but... if control loss is suspected, and the bird is in range, might stand a chance at saving it.

Being facetious, of course. But... never know... some good inventions were first thought of as "silly". ;)

Example: A sensitive operation when aircraft failure is not an option - crew members could be strategically stationed and at the ready, just in case. (Sharp shooting crew members, that is!)

Last edited:
Good info to have, Rayray, once again. For once the military folks seem to have come up with a solution that makes good sense and does not exactly break the bank, either. A low-tech, low-cost solution to a high-tech problem that definitely exists. By not just blasting drones out of the sky into smithereens, vital information can be retrieved from the ensnared drones. Good idea from whoever came up with it.

I am pro-drone, of course, and I have mixed emotions about some of the anti-drone "solutions".

However, sooner or later, some nut or deliberate terror-minded actor may well fly a "loaded" drone over a crowd at an outdoor or indoor event. I believe it is appropriate for responsible authorities to be prepared for this possibility.

Such a devil drone would need to be intercepted before going over the crowd. Scrambling an F16 not likely to work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430