Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Airports and such

Reaction score
I don't agree with everything in this article, but it's interesting just the same.
FAA’s LAANC System-(Low Altitude Authorization & Notification Capability)

BTW, John Taylor filed another lawsuit against the government for drone registration. In a nutshell, Congress sneaked a provision inside the defense bill (as I recall) that simply overrode the judge's decision that the FAA was acting illegally when they required registration of model aircraft pilots and making them equivalent in many ways to full size aircraft.

Congress cannot simply vote to render a judge's decision null and void effectively reversing; it is unconstitutional. They must pass a law signed by the president just like any other law.

Congress cannot simply vote to render a judge's decision null and void effectively reversing; it is unconstitutional. They must pass a law signed by the president just like any other law.

I have been waiting for somebody to sue over that. It didn't make since at all to put a "directive" to throw out a judge's decision into a bill without changing the law that the judge's decision was based on. If elected officials are knowingly doing that they should be impeached.

Dylan

[QUOTE="dylanfm, post: 132441, member: 11644" If elected officials are knowingly doing that they should be impeached.

Dylan[/QUOTE]

Dat's funny. We have the best government money can buy. If you don't believe me just ask the Koch brothers (and others). ;)

Nope, US govt. In 2010 the Supreme Court of the US said that corporations were people too and they could express themselves by contributing without limitation to political campaigns. For example, the Koch Brothers have said they are putting together around $800M for the 2018 federal elections. The ruling is called "Citizens United vs. Federal Election Commission.

Dat's funny. We have the best government money can buy. If you don't believe me just ask the Koch brothers (and others). ;)

I didn't say they would be, just that they should be :). Although I would bet money that the specific statement in question was put in to a draft of the bill by the FAA and nobody who was actually elected bother to read it.

I have my own ideas about the quickest and most constitutional way to drastically reduce the ability of money to buy government influence, but this isn't a political forum so I probably shouldn't get into that.

Dylan

Last edited:
Safer to steer clear of that aspect. However, we should bear in mind that any attempt to legislate any kind of drone tracking device just can’t happen without registration. There’s a lot of companies looking at making money from drone tracking. DJI and Boeing are just two examples. Both have been spending lavishly on drone regulatory efforts.

I hear ya, Pat. Reading "Unmanned Systems Technology" gives a good idea where things are headed. The commercial and government entities have the $ to dictate where things go. We're just small fish in a big pond.

Registration brings in a bit of revenue, revenue is what fuels politics.:rolleyes:

Graft is what fuels politics, and one of the fundamentals behind waging wars. If there wasn’t a whole lotta money to be taken from them, wars would be few, very short, and extremely decisive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
diagram overseer