Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

All the sudden fell from the sky and crashed.

Reaction score
Ive only had my typhoon h pro for about 3 weeks, this was abot its 5th or 6th flight. Had it in the air for about 5 minutes or so then all of the sudden it was like the drone lost power and just fell, and yes im 100% that batteriy was firmly secured and latched. Needless to say one very broke cgo3, broken landing gear, broken outer shell, two prop arms, and who knows what else. There were no errors or warning sent to the st16 either. Has anyone experienced this? Called yuneec customer service and withing minutes i had rma and shipping lable. Sent the drone and the st16 to them......... Any advice on them repairing and what could have happened?

I've had that fear with mine but was told by customer service it was a rare occurrence. Obviously Yuneec has a vested interest in saying that so I take it at that. Just curious, was it a Yuneec battery or some other brand?

I sent them the st16 and tyH I hope they can see where this thing just lost power and came crashing down

It is indeed rare but it can occur with any aircraft. It could be a battery failure, a bad wire connector or a flight controller failure. By far the most common cause is a battery which isn't fully locked. I have noticed when I install my batteries there are two distinct clicks. The first when the battery engages the pins and the second when it locks in place. I also use a tiny bit of dielectric grease on the battery connections to prevent oxidation on the contacts.

Reactions: CC Rider
Ive only had my typhoon h pro for about 3 weeks, this was abot its 5th or 6th flight. Had it in the air for about 5 minutes or so then all of the sudden it was like the drone lost power and just fell, and yes im 100% that batteriy was firmly secured and latched. Needless to say one very broke cgo3, broken landing gear, broken outer shell, two prop arms, and who knows what else. There were no errors or warning sent to the st16 either. Has anyone experienced this? Called yuneec customer service and withing minutes i had rma and shipping lable. Sent the drone and the st16 to them......... Any advice on them repairing and what could have happened?

So sorry for your misfortune. I'm going through much of the same myself at the moment, just as others here have gone through before you or me. It isn't fun, it doesn't feel great, and it takes the air out of your week. But it does happen. This is the price to be paid that all men and women potentially face whenever enjoying what we do with aircraft built and flown by humans instead of by gods. But trust me, the bad feeling DOES go away...just not as fast as our drones did!

Reactions: Subtle Shots
I only had the tyH for two weeks only been in the air about 10 times, still was getting used to it. And I've read all of the stories about making sure the battery is in and secured.. I'm 100% confident the battery was in place, even after the crash it was still secured in the drone. Has anyone had this happen and did yuneec honor the warranty repair/replace?

There is either stories where yuneec customer service is awesome or the next one you read is they are the worse! Ugh

A couple weeks ago my drone lost power mid flight and fell into a pond. Couldn't even find it. Drove to Yuneec the next day and walked out with a new drone. Then last Wednesday I was at a drone shoot and as I was trying to land the drone it kept drifting and I couldn't get it on the ground. I fought with it for 5 min freaking out the whole time because it wasn't doing anything I was telling it to do and I had received several low battery notification finally I got it closer to the ground and as it was flying forward over a bush I decided to shut it down and hope for the best. It did land on the bush but it's momentum caused it to roll right off onto its top. Broke 1 propeller a locking clip and the cameras grommets came lose (like they are supposed to) dropped it off at Yuneec on Thursday got it back yesterday and everything was fixed under warranty free of charge.

i had the exact same thing happen to me....all of a sudden it just fell out of the sky...i was dumbfounded....yuneec replaced the camera and fixed the drone free of charge....turn around was about 3 weeks....however now i am afraid to fly it for fear it will happen again....def took the fun out of flying for me...

Reactions: ChadCloses
when that happens it can really shake you up....alot different then a crash from pilot error or something else going wrong....like i said i was dumbfounded....when i called yuneec cs the tech asked me what firmware i was on....thought that was kinda odd....when i told him he immed sent me a rma with no other questions asked....turn around was pretty quick but i haven't really flown it ....just flying really low.....

It is indeed rare but it can occur with any aircraft. It could be a battery failure, a bad wire connector or a flight controller failure. By far the most common cause is a battery which isn't fully locked.

Steve, I agree based on our member reports. Flyaways (including dropping from sky) can be difficult to troubleshoot, no matter who makes the bird. Going to the other manufacturer forums you also see posts about flyaways.

Reading through some recent FAA stuff (dry as dirt), they claim the majority of UAV flyaways are caused by RF interference.
How they know I have no idea unless the manufacturers feed them info. (Wish the manufacturers would give us info).:)

I had mine drop out of the sky on Feb 24, Yuneec had me box it up and send it back to them on their dime. I got an email yesterday that they replaced 2 ESCs and the compass, they also fixed the camera and replaced the shell which were damaged in the crash.

I have to say that a 3 week turn-around isn't bad. I should have it back on Monday.

I had mine drop out of the sky on Feb 24, Yuneec had me box it up and send it back to them on their dime. I got an email yesterday that they replaced 2 ESCs and the compass, they also fixed the camera and replaced the shell which were damaged in the crash.

I have to say that a 3 week turn-around isn't bad. I should have it back on Monday.
That's awesome...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430