Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Almost got bit on eBay

Reaction score
Well that wonderful bargain I thought I was getting from eBay turned out to be a real toad. I did get to calibrate the compass, after that total disappointment. After trying for 20 minutes I did not get any telemetry from the drone. No satellite count, no video, nothing at all. I asked him if some parts were scavenged to repair another drone. In the sellers reply He said, "I packaged the drone myself and did not see any thing wrong with it, I don't know why you are having these problems." I had the drone in my possession for less than four hours and that included the repackaging time and the drive to the post office. I haven't got my money back yet, but when I do I will post information about any negative out come including the "Store" from which it was purchased from.
I had the feeling it was not up to par and might be a scam, I only use paypal so I'm sure I'll get my money back.
The listing said "Slide in your battery, pair it up with your transmitter, snap on your props and you are ready to go." There is only one way this thing would fly in it's condition, FRISBEE MODE.

Reactions: Jester
eBay's new "Buyer Protection" is great for buyers. It usually makes the Seller pay for shipping both ways. It sucks for Sellers though. I had a guy return a perfectly good used tablet to me and was out the shipping both ways. I just returned a DOA item (HH Gimbal) no issue. You should be fine.

Ouch......That's rotten luck. I've purchased thousands of items on eBay over the last 16 years and I've only been scammed about 10 times, 3 of those were last year. But FLYXLSA is right. Ebay will make sure you get your money back.

Reactions: FLYXLSA
TC, out of curiosity, what kind of approvals did the seller have?
(Don't give me seller's name)

Rotten luck, in 5-6 years of using PayPal, I've had less than a half-dozen problems and PP stood behind me every time. Anytime a first-time seller does not want to take PP I go elsewhere.

I always check for what type of history they have before I buy any thing.

Seller information

Total feed back (927 )
99.8% Positive feedback

Reactions: Steve Carr
Well that wonderful bargain I thought I was getting from eBay turned out to be a real toad. I did get to calibrate the compass, after that total disappointment. After trying for 20 minutes I did not get any telemetry from the drone. No satellite count, no video, nothing at all. I asked him if some parts were scavenged to repair another drone. In the sellers reply He said, "I packaged the drone myself and did not see any thing wrong with it, I don't know why you are having these problems." I had the drone in my possession for less than four hours and that included the repackaging time and the drive to the post office. I haven't got my money back yet, but when I do I will post information about any negative out come including the "Store" from which it was purchased from.
I had the feeling it was not up to par and might be a scam, I only use paypal so I'm sure I'll get my money back.
The listing said "Slide in your battery, pair it up with your transmitter, snap on your props and you are ready to go." There is only one way this thing would fly in it's condition, FRISBEE MODE.
Not being funny or anything but did you actually try rebinding the st16 to the H and also rebinding the camera because from what you have said, that what it sounds like?

I seem to have missed it, but where in the original or following posts does it say the product was an H? That's been bothering me since the first read of this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seem to have missed it, but where in the original or following posts does it say the product was an H? That's been bothering me since the first read of this thread.
It was carried over from another post as to, "What type of drone user are you?"

Tech/Gear Nerd. I bought one Typhoon H Pro last Friday and bought another that did not have the radio transmitter on Sunday. New unit without batteries or props. Can we say overkill for spares?

Good point, I just assumed that because it was posted in the H section it was a H. Something doesn't sound right. Had it and back in the post within 4 hrs. Didn't ask for any help, at least on here anyway!

Not being funny or anything but did you actually try rebinding the st16 to the H and also rebinding the camera because from what you have said, that what it sounds like?
Yes I did the compass calibration and put my camera on it as well. The "H" just was not talking back to the controller. No video or anything. Since the cover was loose right out of the box it gave me a bad feeling. I even deleted my "H" and tried to bind the eBay unit. It didn't work. After multiple tries I got my "H" and re-calibrated mine and bound it back to my controller and did not have a problem. Took me less than five minutes to bind mine back. After 10 minutes it had15 satellites listed

Yes I did the compass calibration and put my camera on it as well. The "H" just was not talking back to the controller. No video or anything. Since the cover was loose right out of the box it gave me a bad feeling. I even deleted my "H" and tried to bind the eBay unit. It didn't work. After multiple tries I got my "H" and re-calibrated mine and bound it back to my controller and did not have a problem. Took me less than five minutes to bind mine back. After 10 minutes it had15 satellites listed

Sorry didn't know you already had a H. Just your original post was a bit vague.

Reactions: ThunderChicken
I also bought my H on eBay, and have been nothing but happy with it. It was $1,100 for the Pro with RealSense. Had never been flown and I had no problem registering it. It was delivered the next day. It is exteremly important to ask questions of the seller. I asked about 4-5 questions and they were all answered within minutes. The only problem I had when I received it was one of the rubber bumpers had pulled through the Gimbal housing but I was able to fix that in a min. Other members had told me that was common because of the way they're handled through shipping companies.

Reactions: Eduardo Arevalo
There are some H units that are being sold as spares/replacements for ~475.00 with no controller or accessories. Don't know where those are coming from as a source. New, or repaired units???

There are some H units that are being sold as spares/replacements for ~475.00 with no controller or accessories. Don't know where those are coming from as a source. New, or repaired units???

I went to the sellers store and it looks like he is buying units and then parts them out. I'm sure some of them are customer returns. Without the props being included and offered in his store makes me think some of them are crashed units.

Last edited:
All of this information on this topic I Appreciate because I just started buying a few things off of Ebay Thank You All!!!!

All of this information on this topic I Appreciate because I just started buying a few things off of Ebay Thank You All!!!!
Just be sure to use PayPal for your eBay transactions. I to this day have not had a financial loss thanks to PayPal.

Well the trouble with the seller on eBay is over. My refund is back n my PayPal account. One thing I did notice when I was trying to bind it to my transmitter it kept coming up as a H920. It must have been a conglomeration of spare parts of several different models.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpster79