Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Alternate Ground Stations and Video Links

Reaction score
So, Can we use an RC832 5.8ghz receiver and pull video from drone? I can't seem to capture with mine. Also, will the HDMI out on ST-16 controller allow me to feed to a larger monitor?

So, Can we use an RC832 5.8ghz receiver and pull video from drone? I can't seem to capture with mine. Also, will the HDMI out on ST-16 controller allow me to feed to a larger monitor?

Spaceport,

First of all, welcome!

Second, yes - the hdmi port on the ST16 controller can be used to feed another monitor rather than having your audience looking over your shoulder.

Third, as for as I have been able to determine, there is not yet a method to pull video from the camera that does not involve removing the microSD card from the drone. I have yet to find any documentation or discussion indicating the capability exists as yet. Hopefully a future upgrade will allow wireless transfer. We can "send" firmware to the card for upgrades Over the Air, but as yet Yuneec has not informed us about a wireless (or wired) method retrieval from the card will still in the camera.

Update: JulesTEO tells us a few replies down - there is a way to connect via wireless to the camera and pull the image files one at a time. If we can find a way to select and batch pull, life will indeed be grand!

Jeff

Last edited:
Reactions: Bullhorn1976
Spaceport,

First of all, welcome!

Second, yes - the hdmi port on the ST16 controller can be used to feed another monitor rather than having your audience looking over your shoulder.

Third, as for as I have been able to determine, there is not yet a method to pull video from the camera that does not involve removing the microSD card from the drone. I have yet to find any documentation or discussion indicating the capability exists as yet. Hopefully a future upgrade will allow wireless transfer. We can "send" firmware to the card for upgrades Over the Air, but as yet Yuneec has not informed us about a wireless (or wired) method retrieval from the card will still in the camera.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff. I am still working on a solution. I will keep the forum updated.

Jeff

Hi Jeff, if you have a 5.8ghz wireless adapter on your pc you can easily "pull" video files from the camera using the CGO3+ wifi.

Once connected to the CGO3+ wifi enter 192.168.42.1 in you browser, it will display the folders on the SD card. You can download the files straight to you computer without touching the SD card on the camera.

Greetings!

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Not sure which video feed you are referring to. The video recorded on the sd card may be up to 4K resolution but there is no method for a live feed. As @JulesTEO points out, the recorded file can be downloaded but that would be of no use while in flight.
The video feed to the ST16 is wifi and the signal can be amplified but it must still be feed to the ST16 for viewing. Another device like a phone with 5.8GHz wifi can be used but the distance is short. Perhaps you can elaborate on what you are hoping to accomplish.

Hi Jeff, if you have a 5.8ghz wireless adapter on your pc you can easily "pull" video files from the camera using the CGO3+ wifi.

Once connected to the CGO3+ wifi enter 192.168.42.1 in you browser, it will display the folders on the SD card. You can download the files straight to you computer without touching the SD card on the camera.

Greetings!

Holy crap! Now that's cool!

Now, if there were a way to map the camera as a network drive -or- the ability to select multiple files via the browser to allow one to download all at once. Do you know the trick for that?

Thanks for the tip. At least I now know how to get to it if I only have a few to unload.

Jeff

I picked up a $99.00 19" HDMI in flat screen that will work on my cars power via inverter. I got a long HDMI cable and the zoom mode on this screen fills up the screen and all the data and telemetry are out of the way. It's perfect.

Sure I use à 10" Feelworld monitor and IT works great. With wi-fi or HDMI!
Hey Photo,
Do either of those modes, wi-fi or HDMI, cut a very significant amount of time off your ST-16's battery life, as in it's charge, not it usable life cycle? Thanks

Hey Photo,
Do either of those modes, wi-fi or HDMI, cut a very significant amount of time off your ST-16's battery life, as in it's charge, not it usable life cycle? Thanks

No. I flew for over 30 mins and ST down to 80% which is typical. I have an EC2 charging cable and charge the LiOn battery with my HiTec if it gets below 70%. The provided USB input as we all know is slow but in my opinion is more of a trickle charge. The monitor I bought is low powered enough that a cheap inverter is working so today I'm picking up a 12v portable power from auto zone as a portable power supply. Next is tripod or stand mount for monitor.

Reactions: Jester
No. I flew for over 30 mins and ST down to 80% which is typical. I have an EC2 charging cable and charge the LiOn battery with my HiTec if it gets below 70%. The provided USB input as we all know is slow but in my opinion is more of a trickle charge. The monitor I bought is low powered enough that a cheap inverter is working so today I'm picking up a 12v portable power from auto zone as a portable power supply. Next is tripod or stand mount for monitor.
Nice. I just got a quad charger about 2 weeks ago, finally, and ordered 4 Venom adapters to do my H batteries. It didn't come with the EC2 leads but I did just order one and it should be here today. My ST battery has always seemed to drain way too fast and I asked Yuneec to look at it when it went in for the GPS board replacement, but they missed it. At least now I'll have a way to charge it back up faster. I do plan to add a monitor like you did, as well. There is a ton of trees around here, and the little ST-16 screen is too small to trust that I'm seeing everything I need to in closer situations.
Thanks.

Hey Photo,
No that's wrong Jester, the screen has its own battery/power and doesn't affect the ST16 at all.

No that's wrong Jester, the screen has its own battery/power and doesn't affect the ST16 at all.
Oh, no, I understood that part. Was just wondering if feeding a signal to an outside source with either method took more battery, or drained the battery any faster in the ST-16.

Reactions: Photo
Oh, no, I understood that part. Was just wondering if feeding a signal to an outside source with either method took more battery, or drained the battery any faster in the ST-16.
I did not DISLIKE! I tapped wrong! :D I can't tell if the FW drains the !6. Someone will tell very soon I guess.

I did not DISLIKE! I tapped wrong! :D I can't tell if the FW drains the !6. Someone will tell very soon I guess.
:) Didn't even notice the unlike. I was just restating my question to be more clear about what I was asking. Battery drain or not, I think an added monitor is in order.

We can power smaller monitors with a 3s lipo. An 8" monitor will function for about an hour using a 1000ma 3s lipo. Most of the small monitors have an internal battery that provides close to 40 minutes or so of use. The larger issue is finding one that works with HDMI.

As for that weak lion, put it on the new charger using a 0.7C charge rate. Rates faster than that complete a charge faster but provide a lower peak.

Last edited:
Will do. My connector didn't show today, but .7C it is. Thanks. Was gonna ask you that but forgot earlier.

An easy solution is buy a Samsung view 18.5" tablet. 12hrs battery life, 18.5" screen and use the cgo3 app on it. Works a treat!
Ya, that is the easy solution. Now could you just jot down the easy solution to explaining that to a wife that's already complaining about how much I've spent on the H and all the other RC goodies I've gotten? Thanks, I seem to have misplaced my easy button. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio