Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Alternative lens for CGO3

Reaction score
I came across this video
and this footage is untouched so no colour correction made. The guy says it was so windy so he afraid to loose the camera.
PixAero produces lens for GoPro however, looks like they are looking at CGO3 as well, it's not available on the website yet. So I contacted PixAero and the guy who owns these lens , hope will get some replies. What is interesting there is a review of one the GoPro owners, he compares Peau and PixAero PA42LD for GoPro and he is in favour of PixAero , better colour range and less distortions specially at the edges. My understanding the lens housing is not plastic.
This review in russian but you will get an idea Линзы PA42LD — наземные тесты

Last edited:
Night mode, footage is out of the camera according to the notes for this video

Last edited:
I came across this video
and this footage is untouched so no colour correction made. The guy says it was so windy so he afraid to loose the camera.
PixAero produces lens for GoPro however, looks like they are looking at CGO3 as well, it's not available on the website yet. So I contacted PixAero and the guy who owns these lens , hope will get some replies. What is interesting there is a review of one the owners, he compares Peau and PixAero PA42LD for GoPro and he is in favour of PixAero , better colour range and less distortions specially at the edges. My understanding the lens housing is not plastic.
This review in russian but you will get an idea Линзы PA42LD — наземные тесты
That video looks super, It could be from a Go-Pro or even a Phantom, is this the lens? Объективы GoPro для съемки без искажений PixAero My Russian is very limited, you wrote that he said it was a PA42LD, I only see a 4.2 thats a V3 not a LD....this one I link to also says its 8M resolution but also says its for a go-pro....thanks..

The review link was just a reference to PixAero GoPro lens in comparison to Peau GOPro lens and it's nothing to do with youtube video. The lens on CGO3+ was a new PixAero 3.77mm f2.8 16mp which is not yet available. They are testing it at this stage. So this video is part of the test, I think...

Last edited:
The review link was just a reference to PixAero GoPro lens in comparison to Peau GOPro lens and it's nothing to do with youtube video. The lens on CGO3+ was a new PixAero 3.77mm f2.8 16mp which not yet available. They are testing it at this stage. So this video is part of the test, I think...
Ahh I didn't understand, it looks like they ship international, I might order one of these when they have them ready, their lenses are about 1/3 the price of the PP ones too. thanks..

Last edited:
Let them release it and someone to test it. I am not willing to be a beta tester unless Yuneec provides me with the spare camera, speaking of which I am still waiting for my camera replacement or even better why Yuneec won't use these lens instead of the crappy one.

I think in the next 6 month we'll have a few lens to choose from, similar to a backpack.

Apparently some CGO3+ cameras have no thread for the lens at all, do you believe it or not but the lens attached with the glue only. So when you remove the glue you wont be able to fit it back or replace with the new one unless you attached third party 'tube with the thread' . These guys from PixAero just had one of those cameras Устанавливаем объектив на Typhoon H so they had to install lens holder with the thread.
WTF?
Yuneec what is going on?
I don't understand how the focus is set at the factory if lens glued with no support or how long the camera will hold the focus.

Friends, please use the Google translator, this guy is gaining beta - testers for their lenses, I have already signed. The kit will go hood and Lenz holder for those with the defective unit.

2fb8b3.jpg

c21eb9_preview_crop.jpg

The second picture of my lens.
This is my video showdown

I wrote in support, they were surprised and asked to send them to the camera to see, but I have to refuse them, because it is expensive and long to just look at the defective products. I just replace the lens holder and Lenz
and this camcorder at the correct setting Holder Lens -

is a site where you can order a lens, or sign up for testing lenses 3.77

Объективы GoPro для съемки без искажений PixAero - store
GoPro Lenses for shooting without distortion PixAero

forum - Устанавливаем объектив на Typhoon H
Set the lens on the Typhoon H
user - Информация / Профиль Potapov / PixAero клуб развития творческой аэросъемки -
Information / Profile Potapov / PixAero club creative development of aerial photography
Who else are the "wrong" lens? Who seen it yet?

discount on the purchase and free express delivery ...
in any case, the lens needs to be changed and Lenz holder .. it is not good when the set is not a quality product

Has anyone bought this lens? I contacted them via email and they sold last one but a new batch should be ready soon. I need more info before I purchase. $107 US is what was quoted to me.

Has anyone bought this lens? I contacted them via email and they sold last one but a new batch should be ready soon. I need more info before I purchase. $107 US is what was quoted to me.
Have you tried to refocus you own first...You might be pleasantly surprised..

I've thought about it but I'm thinking why not get best possible image if I'm opening up the camera. I still may try refocusing.

I've thought about it but I'm thinking why not get best possible image if I'm opening up the camera. I still may try refocusing.
I have a stock lens, it couldn't be sharper...from edge to edge it's perfect...the first CGO3P I had was soft...but I think once the stock lens is focussed correctly you will not get any better...you saw my post with the new lens? What a difference have a look in 4k, there is nothing soft anywhere it's super sharp (I was panning too fast for 24fps in both clips but you can see the focus is spot on)...I would find it difficult to believe that my stock lens could be improved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval