Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Altitude max problem

This is the first test flight with the new firmware. All I wanted to do was 150 feet, hold for 15 seconds and a 360 of the Aspens, then safely land. That's me below at 9775 ft freezing my chestnuts off!Screenshot_2015-10-09-12-35-43_PerfectlyClear.jpg

Reactions: jeep2liberty
Hi I also live in the mountains of North Eastern Thailand, and my elevation at 6000+ feet.Can I also have the link or copy of the Firmware , please?

I called Yuneec but only got a voicemail yesterday...so I left a message to call me. Ijust got my new Q500 4K and can't fly it since I live at over 8,0000 ft. in Colorado. I tried starting it in Angle mode in Turtle mode and after initialization but it goes immediately into Emergency mode and then you get the 8,000 ft alert message and the motors won't start.
I live at 9,600 in Colorado don't in stall the firmware I did and I have had it drop out of the sky in angle mode for no reason and it voids warranty it's something in the firmware it flu great down in Denver at 5,200 ft but when I down loaded the firmware it would drop down sometimes it would shoot back up with out me doing anything then just drop again. So if you don't want to spend a lot of money don't down load. And when I bought it, I didn't see one thing that mention about 8.000 ft anywhere on Yuneec's website very disappointed I should have bought the DJI

I live at 9,600 in Colorado don't in stall the firmware I did and I have had it drop out of the sky in angle mode for no reason and it voids warranty it's something in the firmware it flu great down in Denver at 5,200 ft but when I down loaded the firmware it would drop down sometimes it would shoot back up with out me doing anything then just drop again. So if you don't want to spend a lot of money don't down load. And when I bought it, I didn't see one thing that mention about 8.000 ft anywhere on Yuneec's website very disappointed I should have bought the DJI

I believe what Timothy experienced at 9,600 ft was the vortex ring state. That can happen with any quadcopter, especially when flying where the air is thinner. I normally fly near sea level and had never experienced VRS until I flew in Mammoth Lakes, CA from a starting altitude of 7,800 feet.
I was descending slowing from 380 feet above ground level at a slow pace but I didn't have a lot of lateral movement. At about 300ft agl, the quad started to fall rapidly, It scared the heck of of me but I knew what it was from watching this forum and Youtube videos. I applied full right roll (aileron) and the uncontrolled descent stopped at about 250ft agl. The quad then rose up rapidly back to 300ft agl Now I brought it down with a zig zag motion to the right & left to avoid VRS.

Hi,
I live in the forest region in Turkey. Therefore, I need to change of the height adjustment feature back home, I want to at least 50 meters. Could you please advise what is the possibility, how can I adjust it.
Thanks in advance...
Regards,
Alp

If this is answer to my question, first thanks a lot for your interesting.
But my problem not exactly max altitute problem.
My problem is: when I select "back to home" position, I heard but not try yet, quadcopter is going down to 20 meters and then flys to you constantly from this level.
If it is true I need more highest level during back to home flying. I want only to change this to 50 mts/165'. I need detail information about that.
Thank you very much...

Hi,
I live in the forest region in Turkey. Therefore, I need to change of the height adjustment feature back home, I want to at least 50 meters. Could you please advise what is the possibility, how can I adjust it.
Thanks in advance...
Regards,
Alp

The Q500s RTH is not adjustable. It is set at 10 meters . If you are flying below 10 meters when RTH is activated, the quad will ascend to 10 meters, then travel horizontally back to your location, and then descend vertically to land.
If your quad at a height above 10 meters when RTH is activated, then the quad will travel horizontally back to your location at that height, and then descend to land.

Reactions: alpaslan
The Q500s RTH is not adjustable. It is set at 10 meters . If you are flying below 10 meters when RTH is activated, the quad will ascend to 10 meters, then travel horizontally back to your location, and then descend vertically to land.
If your quad at a height above 10 meters when RTH is activated, then the quad will travel horizontally back to your location at that height, and then descend to land.

Thank you so much. Your answer was very helpful.

I know that raising to a "safe" altitude before RTH is a wise move.

However that will not always be possible

It would be really nice to be able to preset the RTH altitude.

Second best scenario is obstacle detection.

Reactions: alpaslan
My GUI interface cable doesn't seem to work. I have downloaded the driver and the computer still can't see it. The LED on the USB connector does not light. Anybody else have this problem?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech