Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Altitude

Reaction score
I tried to use the altitude with the Typhoon H GUI software, but each time I make the change, close the program and open it up again the settings as still the same with not change.

I have tried it with a battery and the H turned on and also without the H turned on and still no changes a keep.

Suggestions?

I saw the same thing, but for me I don't really care. In Canada the restrictions for drones through Transport Canada have become so tight, that the only place you can fly is out in a remote field somewhere. Our restrictions are the tightest I have see to date. They are basically shutting down the industry here.

One restriction is that you need to have all of your personal contact information clearly posted on your drone, name, address, email, telephone number. That is just a break-in or worse waiting to happen. They should have us register our drones and give us a tail number.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cody87
The user interface in GUI is a bit confusing. It shows both the current setting and new setting side-by-side, with the new setting showing the factory defaults.

Use the New Setting edit controls to pick the new values, the click on the Update button to the right. Close the GUI and restart it. The values you entered should be shown as the Current values.

Reactions: Murray Martz
The user interface in GUI is a bit confusing. It shows both the current setting and new setting side-by-side, with the new setting showing the factory defaults.

Use the New Setting edit controls to pick the new values, the click on the Update button to the right. Close the GUI and restart it. The values you entered should be shown as the Current values.

Have tried what you said, but still will not change the Geo-fence to 20, stays at 91 and the Height-limit change to 1000 but stays at 122.
I have tried it with and without the battery and with and without the H being turned on.
What else do I need to do the change it? I have all the latest updates and firmware installed.

Do I need the ST16 turned on also.

IO did notice one thing, when I click on the connect tab, at the bottom says USB Open, then a red dot and says device not connected.

Last edited:
Switch it to Serial (I think in the Preferences menu). Mine won't connect using USB either.

Go to your download and open where it says repair. I have to do that every time on both my H's.
I too do not fully understand the connection. It sometimes says port does not exist then next time it connects.
Flakey

Go to your download and open where it says repair. I have to do that every time on both my H's.
I too do not fully understand the connection. It sometimes says port does not exist then next time it connects.
Flakey
I have tried it both ways, right now I have it using the Serial Port, the bottom left says SerialPort is opened. But it does not seem to connect. All the info is show "0" and the sensor and Motor Speed is just spinning.

All of this after contacting Yuneec about the GUI, they had me download the software again via Chrome, not FireFox or Explorer, uninstall the software and install from the Chrome downloaded file. Still nothing, can not connect the H to the GUI. Also advised that I have the latest updates installed without a problem.

So not I am stuck, as I wanted to change the GEO-fence setting to 30 and not the set 91m.

Try this: turn the TH on and let it start up before you connect the USB cable. Make sure the cable is plugged into the underside of the TH itself, not the RealSense module if you have one.

Try this: turn the TH on and let it start up before you connect the USB cable. Make sure the cable is plugged into the underside of the TH itself, not the RealSense module if you have one.
Hello Thoff,

Just tried what you said and still nothing. I have the cable connected to the side of the H. So I guess will be calling Yuneec back again tomorrow since their advised and instructions didn't work.

One question if I use the serial port do I still use the USB connection?
Jeff

Let's be clear -- the USB port to use is between the right rear and right center rotor arms, on the underside of the fuselage, next to a vent.

And yes, even when using a USB cable, you still use the serial protocol.

Jeff, are you pulling out a rubber cover out of the way to plug into the micro USB PORT? If you are then you are plugging into the wrong spot look above and back from that port and you'll see another port that you have to plug up into from bottom of the drone. I've made the mistake of plugging into the real sense module myself so if this is the case you're not alone. Lol

Jeff, are you pulling out a rubber cover out of the way to plug into the micro USB PORT? If you are then you are plugging into the wrong spot look above and back from that port and you'll see another port that you have to plug up into from bottom of the drone. I've made the mistake of plugging into the real sense module myself so if this is the case you're not alone. Lol

Chad,

Just wanted to say thank you for the advise. That was the problem. Didn't know that it had another port where you can not see it unless you turn the H almost upside down. Got the problem fixed. And you would think the Yuneec techs would ask that question when you call for tech support. Not once did even ask about the port.

Well you got off easy. When I had the same issue I hopped in the car and drove an hour to Yuneec's warehouse and as soon as I put the drone on the counter the tech noticed the rubber seal had been pulled out and said is this where you've been plugging into? I said yes. Oops. Luckily, he noticed I had some fan blades missing and installed different grommets for me all free of charge so it wasn't a wasted trip. Glad we could help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval