Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Ambient temperature operating range

Reaction score
I was flying last night in cold weathe; mid 30's and lost control of the typhoon H. Is the a recommended operating temperature range. I saw 104 degree on the high end but didn't see the low end.

I was flying last night in cold weathe; mid 30's and lost control of the typhoon H. Is the a recommended operating temperature range. I saw 104 degree on the high end but didn't see the low end.
I doubt that temp was the problem. You should look at the flight log for that flight to see if there were any errors.

I agree with Steve about the temp. I have flown in 100 degree days as well as 5 degree days without issue. Check those logs.

I agree with Steve about the temp. I have flown in 100 degree days as well as 5 degree days without issue. Check those logs.

The other posters are very correct. The H can take some very extreme temps when considering what all is in there working at one time and in perfect unison. However, on a purely personal and practical level, I have found that I don't operate as well in some of those extreme temps as the H might.

The big snow storm that has hit much of the nation was headed my way, too, so yesterday afternoon I made some extra time to get the H in the air since I knew I'd be grounded by bad weather for the next few days.

I stayed out longer than I planned taking shots of the approaching storm clouds over the nearby waterways. By the time I landed night had fallen as had the temperature and I had one heckuva hard time getting my props off because my fingers didn't want to cooperate (numbness) and I discovered that gloves were hardly the answer. So I fumbled in the dark for far too long doing what usually is a simple task for me and unduly handling the prop releases - which will be prone to normal wear and tear - more than necessary.

The lesson I learned is that there are 3 machines to consider every time you take to the air under any conditions: the drone, the controller and the pilot. All 3 have to be working at peak performance in order to have a safe and successful flight.

Fighting the tears in my eyes that constantly ran down my face and a distractingly runny nose as I had yesterday- both dripping upon my controller - due to the high winds and frigid temps meant I was not at my peak performance at the time. And when I finally had the props off and put away, I could not get my Typhoon packed up fast enough to head back inside to home and hearth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33