Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

An interesting fact..

My son is 25 and he is like, how long does it fly? I was very excited and said 20min. He was like.......that is stupid......what can you do in 20 min........LOL

I'm 34 , Am I the youngest here!? While I do enjoy my PS4 etc. Flying these drones tops them all. And hope to get my kids into the hobby when they are older :)
Never tried racing FPV but I'm certain I would like it. Just rather capture our world from a different perspective in 4k.
On a side note, my H arrived but I had them send it to my work address knowing they would require a signature. Took my chances it wouldn't get to me on a Saturday. I should play the lottery lol. It will be re-delivered tomorrow. Excited yet nervous. Hoping I got one with zero problems :/

I'm 34 , Am I the youngest here!? While I do enjoy my PS4 etc. Flying these drones tops them all. And hope to get my kids into the hobby when they are older :)
Never tried racing FPV but I'm certain I would like it. Just rather capture our world from a different perspective in 4k.
On a side note, my H arrived but I had them send it to my work address knowing they would require a signature. Took my chances it wouldn't get to me on a Saturday. I should play the lottery lol. It will be re-delivered tomorrow. Excited yet nervous. Hoping I got one with zero problems :/

Hey welcome to the senior section..lol Just take your time.. The yuneec's are a lil different from the DJI's .. Well at least for an older like me i'm used to the start up procedure on them and getting trained for the startup on my Q and now the H..

I found the H so far to be a complete dream to fly and i don't have to attach my ipad mini to a flimsy plastic mount. (always disliked that part lol) You will enjoy it. Wait to you raise that landing gear for the first time!

Hey welcome to the senior section..lol Just take your time.. The yuneec's are a lil different from the DJI's .. Well at least for an older like me i'm used to the start up procedure on them and getting trained for the startup on my Q and now the H..

I found the H so far to be a complete dream to fly and i don't have to attach my ipad mini to a flimsy plastic mount. (always disliked that part lol) You will enjoy it. Wait to you raise that landing gear for the first time!
Sorry, when I said PS4 I was referring to my Playstation 4. As someone earlier referred to as what the "kids" are more into these days.

Sorry, when I said PS4 I was referring to my Playstation 4. As someone earlier referred to as what the "kids" are more into these days.
Don't laugh i knew what you meant.. But i like my xbox one better.. You see i'm a Forza junkie.. Fast cars and slow Drones thats me..lol

This is an interesting discussion and hope you don't mind a non-Typhoon H owner joining in.

My first quad, a Traxxas Aton+ was purchased only 3 months ago and it's probably just considered a toy by members here, but we all have to start somewhere. It is fast and fun to fly in Sport mode, but not a good photo/video platform, which is why I ended up joining this group, to learn more about the H while waiting for it to become available.

I'll be ordering my Typhoon H as soon as I can find a buyer for my dirt bike, hopefully before my 69th birthday in September!

Reactions: Cristian
This is an interesting discussion and hope you don't mind a non-Typhoon H owner joining in.

My first quad, a Traxxas Aton+ was purchased only 3 months ago and it's probably just considered a toy by members here, but we all have to start somewhere. It is fast and fun to fly in Sport mode, but not a good photo/video platform, which is why I ended up joining this group, to learn more about the H while waiting for it to become available.

I'll be ordering my Typhoon H as soon as I can find a buyer for my dirt bike, hopefully before my 69th birthday in September!

Welcome! We've been pretty active here since they came out here in the last week or so.. I can tell you its a great drone to fly. Read up on the goods here, lots of good info..Couple folks on here even sell these beasties.. best of all enjoy!

Reactions: HDVideo
Well ok then, I'll bite. I'm 58. Been into the RC sUAV hobby for about four years now. I mostly like to roll my own (i.e., I like to build my own vehicles from parts...love to solder and junk like that) and am more used to FC's utilizing APM (ArduCopter/Pixhawk) and DJI Naza-M. I've been wanting a RTF for some time now and at least on paper, the Typhoon-H seems to be the ticket.
I'm an old rocketeer as well, and used to build my own rockets and rocket fuels. A few years back I had a mild run in with the authorities when some black powder fuel I had made up caught fire and sort of exploded in my back yard, burning part of my neighbors tree. My wife sort of convinced me to give up my "mad scientist" ways in exchange for the sUAV thing. Miss rockets a lot but having a heck of a time with RC nonetheless.:cool:

Last edited:
Well ok then, I'll bite. I'm 58. Been into the RC sUAV hobby for about four years now. I mostly like to roll my own (i.e., I like to build my own vehicles from parts...love to solder and junk like that) and am more used to FC's utilizing APM (ArduCopter/Pixhawk) and DJI Naza-M. I've been wanting a RTF for some time now and at least on paper, the Typhoon-H seems to be the ticket.
I'm an old rocketeer as well, and used to bHilda my own rockets and rocket fuels. A few years back I had a mild run in with the authorities when some black powder fuel I had made up caught fire and sort of exploded in my back yard, burning part of my neighbors tree. My wife sort of convinced me to give up my "mad scientist" ways in exchange for the sUAV thing. Miss rockets a lot but having a heck of a time with RC nonetheless.:cool:

Wow now that's a resume.. I did rockets as well but never made my own fuel..Best i ever did was toss a dud of a d engine in a burning barrel when i was about 10yrs old.. When my friends grandfather was burning the next ohh what a suprise he had..lol

Wow now that's a resume.. I did rockets as well but never made my own fuel..Best i ever did was toss a dud of a d engine in a burning barrel when i was about 10yrs old.. When my friends grandfather was burning the next ohh what a suprise he had..lol
That's funny. Got my start in rocketry building Estes rocket kits at home in the late 60's. Of course, rockets (and science in general) was all the rage back then as we were literally shooting for the moon! The country I grew up in during my formative years no longer exists now.:(

Reactions: Cristian
Looking to see who's active on this forum and to my Surprised to see that most are over the age of hmm 45. With the majority over age 50..

I would have thought more younger folks would be in on this? Maybe we can start a Geriatric section for old fart flyers like me..

Do we live in good times or what.. Dang the best toys of our life is now!

-rich

The RC hobby is the same way. These planes are too expensive for kids to crash.. :)

Nope, I'm 26 haha!

It's an expensive hobby for a youngster like me. But unlike most hobbies, it's one you can get a return on. I'm planning on doing work with mine. I work for a civil engineering firm and the need for this kind of technology for surveyors and developers is great! Also an avid photographer and I love shooting aerials because it's a perspective many people don't see often.

It's an expensive hobby for a youngster like me. But unlike most hobbies, it's one you can get a return on. I'm planning on doing work with mine. I work for a civil engineering firm and the need for this kind of technology for surveyors and developers is great! Also an avid photographer and I love shooting aerials because it's a perspective many people don't see often.

Very cool, I've considered going for a commercial license but in the end I decided to start a civic art project for my city. I'll be recording videos and taking pictures and posting to social media to draw attention to lesser known tourist spots around town.

Reactions: gezzo and Simspeed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33