Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

An interesting fact..

It's an expensive hobby for a youngster like me. But unlike most hobbies, it's one you can get a return on. I'm planning on doing work with mine. I work for a civil engineering firm and the need for this kind of technology for surveyors and developers is great! Also an avid photographer and I love shooting aerials because it's a perspective many people don't see often.
Geez thanks Gezzo. Had to steal my thunder huh? :) lol. Glad to see someone else though that shares the love of this hobby at a younger age. Truth is... I sold my motorcycle (crotch rocket) to get these drones. The way I see it, it's alot safer for Me since I have kids. Also great to see the world at a different perspective.

I'm 64 and this is my first RC device. Never flown anything but a kite before but the H is proving to be easy to fly and a joy to work with. My nephew is getting married on a Colorado river bank in two weeks and I bought the Typhoon H primarily to video their wedding as my gift. Been flying the last 5 days in a row to try and learn what I need to record some decent videos. So far I'm progressing well in my opinion. Weather here at 8500 elevation isn't the best but its been fun so far.

Reactions: jwjohnson
66. Been doing RC for nearly 40 years. Too many planes to count. (my wife won't like that :) )

Several homebuilt quads including 250 racer, but this will be my photo/video ship.

I'm 64 and this is my first RC device. Never flown anything but a kite before but the H is proving to be easy to fly and a joy to work with. My nephew is getting married on a Colorado river bank in two weeks and I bought the Typhoon H primarily to video their wedding as my gift. Been flying the last 5 days in a row to try and learn what I need to record some decent videos. So far I'm progressing well in my opinion. Weather here at 8500 elevation isn't the best but its been fun so far.
OMG!:(

I don't mean to sound insulting or like I'm talking down to you...I'm not. But unless you are supremely confident not only in your flying skills but also the characteristics and nuances of the vehicle, you will be putting people at risk of serious injury should something go wrong.

You've "never flown before" and "are a new pilot"? PLEASE rethink your plans here. I give you Exhibit A:

Last edited:
OMG!:(

I don't mean to sound insulting or like I'm talking down to you...I'm not. But unless you are supremely confident not only in your flying skills but also the characteristics and nuances of the vehicle, you will be putting people at risk of serious injury should something go wrong.

You've "never flown before" and "are a new pilot"? PLEASE rethink your plans here. I give you Exhibit A:
Yea...no doubt John. I'm not planning to do any closeup work or flyovers of the guests. Safety is the first concern...

Reactions: JohnL
Raymond, yes got the aircraft yesterday, and taking baby steps, that's if a 70 year old can take baby steps!......
And LooseSid, it was taken a while back, or hadn't you noticed the sepia! Ha ha.

Im 57 my sons are 25 and 28, they think the old man is crazy, first drone and its fun,
cant believe how fast this thing is out of gps mode, clocked at 40 mph

All i can say after reading this thread is... what an inspiring group of youngsters we have here.. right?? :rolleyes: lol lets here it for the "SILVER FLYERS"

All i can say after reading this thread is... what an inspiring group of youngsters we have here.. right?? :rolleyes: lol lets here it for the "SILVER FLYERS"
Another "SILVER FLYER" here. 64 and counting. Love my Q but really love the H. Great thread guys!

Reactions: raymond captuo
OK, I've been waiting for a couple of weeks since this topic started, hoping I wouldn't have to post.... But nobody has come up with a better age than me so far....
I'll be 71 in a month or so, so I want a lot of respect out there guys!

You are just a young kid. I am 73 now, + 1 before years end.
It sure beats the alternative. Enjoy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss