Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Android App Issues

Reaction score
ANDROID APP ISSUES:

1. RTH (return to home) can only be set to a maximum of 98.4ft or 30m (on IOS you can set the max 328.1ft) This was NEVER corrected, even in the latest update.

It may help if everyone complains to Yuneec about this, but nothing is being done it seems. You may want to use IOS to fly instead.

2. In android, the Bluetooth controller will connect in FPV Goggle mode (most of the time) and work, but it will not work in "controller only" mode.

If you keep trying to connect/disconnect/reconnect, sometimes it works in controller mode, but it is rare for me. Others had more success, and I do not know why.
The app just crashes back to the intro/welcome screen of the app screen. Almost like an app restart.
This could be a Nougat issue. It did work at one time in the previous version of the Breeze app, and Marshmallow OS.

WARNING: Flying in regular Pilot mode after a failed connect of the Bluetooth controller to the Breeze may cause the Breeze to take off 2-3 ft, and sit back down and land, or do some
other strange fly away things, disconnects, etc -- so be careful -- best to shut down Breeze, and close the app, and restart everything fresh and just use phone/tablet to fly if you had a failed controller sync.

There is nothing you can do until they update the app/firmware .. or you could download the app version right before the latest in .apk format, or just use the IOS version.

Freeze -- /unFreeze the Breeze!/

Reactions: airborne
Some additions regarding Lollipop (Versions 5.x.x):
  1. No connection issues RE bluetooth provided you start the controller by pushing button A before and while pressing the starter.
  2. WiFi range up to 60m (65yd or 196ft) connecting more or less willingly
  3. FPV and controller mode do what they are supposed to do
  4. Online Registration and firmware updates never work
  5. Most annoyingly Follow Me will never follow anyone, the breeze just starts spinning and the drone has to be landed. Yuneec Germany admits this bug and is not able to tell when remedy is to be expected.
I think it is a good idea to build up some heat on Yuneec to improve their app. Possibly mailing the developer directly (Google Playstore gives a mail address) can speed up things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval