Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ANOTHER ALTERNATIVE H CASE FOR AIRLINE TRAVEL.

Reaction score
I found a new Samsonite Spinner Backpack that is slightly larger than the one sold by Carolina Drones. There was a rumor that model would come in back pack form last year but, sadly it did not. I did not get that bag because it was not ideal for traveling on some airlines because it not officially a back pack. If it has wheels, it is considered a roller board - which is your ONE allotted carry on plus one- back pack, purse or laptop bag. The newest soft case H backpack is slightly too bulky to fit in most compartments except for first class cabins. This post is only going to benefit guys who never check bags. I carry everything I need for my trip in one roller case and a back pack for my laptop/camera/personal items etc.

I fly on Hawaiian Airlines exclusively at least twice a month. Their policy is one carry on roller case (I forget the dimensions) and one other personal item (purse, back pack, laptop bag, or small drone bag) If you show up with your main carry on and another smaller carry on w/ wheels, the gate agent will count that as a second bag regardless of its smaller size and will have you check it! However, if you have the same bag on your back, they are OK with it! Not sure if it's a perception thing.

I recently traveled from San Diego to Oahu with my roller bag and my Q500 4K back pack. It's dimensions are certainly cause for scrutiny because it basically straps the bird on top of a normal looking back pack. But because it was on my back on boarding, they didn't give it a second look. Another passenger who had two bags both with wheels was asked to check one.

This new bag although larger, is still a back pack and can fit under the seat or overhead bin! So I can still have my larger roller bag with all my clothes and personal items and my H can now come into the cabin with me for sure. I'll post pics as soon as I get it. I'll also let you know if the kind folks at Hawaiian give me any grief over it. b008hy61k4.01-a31b5x10r828kf.pt02._sx2560_scrmzzzzzzz_v142962826_.jpg 201303201153501184_lrg.jpg • Overall Dimensions: 20"X 13"X 11"

Samsonite MVS Spinner Backpack

Looking forward to pics of the H packed in this back-pack.

Isn't there some kind of issue with carrying the batteries aboard a flight, or are the ok so long as they are sitting inert and unattached to the drone?

Shouldn't be an issue at all. People carry laptops/phones with the same type batteries all of the time.

You can carry two LiPo Batteries up to 100Watts, each if I remember correctly. But it has to be carry on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval