Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

Another battery charger question

Discussion in 'Q500+ Discussion' started by Marcusg, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Marcusg

Gentlemen, would the Hitec X1 Mini be ok for the q500 batteries ?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXFTSB&P=ML

I only want a budget charger because the q500 battery will be the only thing I will be using it for. If you guy recommend a better charger than this please let me know.

Here are the specs.

Specifications
    AC Input: 100-240 Volts AC
    Total Charge Circuit Power: 60 Watts AC Input
    Charge Current Range: 0.1 - 6.0 Amps
    Discharge Current Range: 0.1 - 2.0 Amps
    Discharge Current Power: 10 Watts
    Charges NiMH, NiCd, LiPo, LiHV, LiFe, Li-Ion and Lead Acid Batteries
    NiCd/NiMH Cell Count: 6-8 Cells
    LiPo/LiHV/Li-Ion/LiFe Cell Count: 2-4 Cells
    Pb Voltage: 6-12 Volts
    Net Weight: 0.68 lbs (310g)
    Dimensions: 4.41 x 4.17 x 2.05in (112 x 106 x 52mm)

Thanks in advance, marcusg

2. Slingshot

3. Slingshot

I would to know more about this charger as well. I like the 60w output vs the 45w OEM charger....

4. BEE

BEE

5. Marcusg

Thanks fellas for the reply back.

I was also looking at the X2 AC but I don't know or think I would need all those features that's why I'm against the wall on this.

Having said that you can get the X2 for $85.00 at Tower Hobbies with coupon code.

BEE likes this.
  6. Firefighter815

I use the X2 and that racscal is nice.....not one complaint....

BEE likes this.
  7. Manila Bay

Any on of you tell me where to get a male connector to the Lipo battery so I can use a fast charger.

8. Marcusg

#8 Marcusg, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  9. Big Anthony

I have the X2 plus and Tower has it cheapest(85w/coupon). Great review here

BEE likes this.
  10. Manila Bay

Yup, that is it, I will order it today, thank you Co-Pilot.

BEE likes this.
  11. Chewman

I was pricing one of these here in Canada and it was $235.00. The guy at the hobby shop said the Venom Pro Duo(dual power) is a pretty good charger for about $100.00 cheaper. Does anyone know anyhing about these? Thanks in advance

12. Marcusg

I don't what the exchange rate is over there but that sounds like a lot.

I went and bought the charger listed below. More features and good reviews about it for a cheaper price. Comes with all the plugs so no need to spend extra for different leads.
    Tenergy TB6AC+80W 8A

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010CCMWMO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01

13. Chewman

Hey Marcusg...exchange rate here today is 1.42... ya, ouch..I'm going to check out the one you listed. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for it in USD? Thanks

14. Marcusg

$46.99
    I just got mine today but haven't used it yet. I will hopefully check it out later on tonight if I got time or tomorrow for sure. This thing has both AC and the DC plugs along with all the 8 in 1 charging lead. Oh yeah no balancing board needed, already built in the charger. From 2 cell to 6 cell. More than all the features you'll ever need including storage mode. The only thing is you can only charge one battery at a time which wasn't a big deal for me. For the price, I think this could be the best bang for the buck balancing charger.

15. Chewman

If I can find one around here I should be able to pick one up for under $70.00 CDN. I was really hoping to get one where I could charge 2 batteries at a time. May have to bite the bullet and go for the Venom at $120.00 CDN. It will be a point to ponder for the weekend. Thanks for your help...have a good one!!

16. BEE

BEE

Charging more than 1 battery at a time is the way to go.....You can buy a charger that only does 1 at a time and be fine for awhile ( I did 1 year )but if you are going to stay with this hobby and want to fly and not wait hours for multiple batterys to charge 1 at a time....Then you cant go wrong with a charger that does at least 2 at a time....!!!! ... I should have bought a multiple battery charger from the get go .. but .. what did I know then.. and money was tight.. lol .. so I ended up buying my second charger now...that Hitec x2 listed above and its great to be able to fly about 30 minutes for every 60-70 mins of charging time.......I now wish I had gotten the Hitex x4 !!!! 4 at a time ....oh yeah ... now were talking.....flying about 50-60 mins.(4 batterys) for every charge cycle...or you can just about fly non stop with 4 batterys !!! and you charge from a car battery, etc. etc. Good Luck

17. Chewman

I priced a Hitec X4 here and they are $300.00 CDN. Just to put things in perspective here in Canada, I had to buy a new battery today for my 2008 Ford truck. It was cheaper than what it will cost me to buy another battery for my Q

18. BEE

BEE

HA ....thats funny because I just bought a motorcraft 750 battery for my 08 ford van and paid 120 and the yuneec bats are about 100 bucks ...so im still good LOL.... but yeah I feel ya pain with the Canadian Dollar and all !!! Yeah that Hitec x4 is about 200 USD..... still alittle steep for me right now but who knows....i might end up with yet ANOTHER damn charger ....LOL

Big Anthony likes this.
  19. Stretcher

Anybody tried the Imax B6 available on Ebay for under $20. I just got one but have not tried it yet as my batteries are in warranty turn around. It does have a 5A charge limit so it will take a little longer to charge than the HiTech. But the price is right. It does need an a/c power pack as well. I paid $7 for that tho it comes with clip lead adaptor cable for using a car battery.