Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Antenna, high gain wifi

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried to plug a high gain wifi antenna into the st16? Not the ones made for it but the big like 1 foot by 1 1/2 foot pole mounted. Of course you would have to be stationary but it seems to me that one of the high gain antennas that are used for long range wifi ISP's should work? I have an old one laying around... and i think all the adapters to connect to the st16....

I put my home made 36 element YAGI beam on mine once. It is VERY directional, I had to make real sure it was pointed very close to where the H was. I found it was too hard to keep pointed in the right area. I do not know how far out I could have gotten with it. 400 feet up and 3000 feet down range all you can see is a tiny, and I do mean tiny black dot.
Use the search function at the top right of the page. There are many threads about antenna mods and changes.
Fly often......Fly Safe.......

I put my home made 36 element YAGI beam on mine once. It is VERY directional, I had to make real sure it was pointed very close to where the H was. I found it was too hard to keep pointed in the right area. I do not know how far out I could have gotten with it. 400 feet up and 3000 feet down range all you can see is a tiny, and I do mean tiny black dot.
Use the search function at the top right of the page. There are many threads about antenna mods and changes.
Fly often......Fly Safe.......
Ive seen tons of antenna mods but so far no one actually put one of the big ones on. You are right though i know from experience this antenna is vary directional. It used to have to be pointed almost directly at the transmission tower to pick up signal. However the trans tower was many miles away.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix