Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Antenna Mod

Reaction score
Any of you done the mod for the antennas yet? Seems simple enough and I've debated doing in on my Phantoms for a while.

If you've done it, with or without the amps, what results have you seen?

A hundred bucks in the scheme of these things ain't that much if it helps enough to be worth it.

Yuneec Typhoon H

Reactions: Mike_Flys
Some people have claimed to have great success with FPVLR mods, however I did not and ended up getting a refund.

Long Range KIT - FPVLR

I had worse reception than the stock antennas, and very bad LOS for GPS.

Yes, I had it correctly attached despite there being no instructions with the product.

I put the LHCP 8dbi antenna on mine, same one Lou Ming uses in his vids.....there was definitely something wrong. I'd intermittently lose all flight data on the left of the screen. It was weird and worried me so I put the stock back on. Could Wi-fi interference be a cause?

I put the LHCP 8dbi antenna on mine, same one Lou Ming uses in his vids.....there was definitely something wrong. I'd intermittently lose all flight data on the left of the screen. It was weird and worried me so I put the stock back on. Could Wi-fi interference be a cause?
I believe that antenna (5.8GHz) is for the camera, NOT the RC control/telemetry (2.4GHz). It replaces the mushroom shaped antenna on the right side of the ST16, correct?

I believe that antenna (5.8GHz) is for the camera, NOT the RC control/telemetry (2.4GHz). It replaces the mushroom shaped antenna on the right side of the ST16, correct?
If thats true then why is it labeled LHCP? That's Left Hand Circular Polarization. Am I thinking of it as literally the left hand side of the receiver when that's not the case?

ohhh, ok then I'm completely wrong lol. So I should replace the little mushroom antenna with this one and see how it is then?
Yes, the 5.8Ghz antenna doesn't work so well on 2.4GHz :eek:
You should get better video reception with that antenna vs the stock mushroom.
LHCP vs RHCP is all about the antenna itself, NOT where it goes on the ST16 controller.

Reactions: Dezzzy.D
Yes, it replaces the 5.8 video (Mushroom Antenna). I use one of these and the Long Range Video Signal is much improved. It is a lot more 'directional' than the stock antenna.

Last edited:
Some people have claimed to have great success with FPVLR mods, however I did not and ended up getting a refund.

Long Range KIT - FPVLR

I had worse reception than the stock antennas, and very bad LOS for GPS.

Yes, I had it correctly attached despite there being no instructions with the product.
Is this Long Range KIT - FPVLR effective and how far is can travel.
Thanks

As I said in my post, I had worse reception than the stock antennas. Others online have varying results, some very far, perhaps to 9k feet?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval