Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Any 3rd Party 360 Camera Hacks/Mods???

Reaction score
Anyone mod the Typhoon H so that it can carry a 3rd party 360 camera like the gear 360? I'm planning to hack something together this week and was looking for guidance.

I looked into it, it's pretty hard. There was a clip on YouTube of a guy that used the 1/4 inch thread on the bottom of it. Attached a ball head to his drone, and the 360 to that. was not too bad, but no dampening, I was going to try to mount two gimbals to run in tandem and see if that would work, but again a lot of work. I'm sure there is a way, just time is all.

Reactions: jazzman81
I looked into it, it's pretty hard. There was a clip on YouTube of a guy that used the 1/4 inch thread on the bottom of it. Attached a ball head to his drone, and the 360 to that. was not too bad, but no dampening, I was going to try to mount two gimbals to run in tandem and see if that would work, but again a lot of work. I'm sure there is a way, just time is all.
That's what I'm expecting, I'll prob custom build a mount using cheap replacement parts. Since its 360 video, there's no need for a gimbal. You'll only need something to reduce the vibration, i'll probably use a cheap audio shock mount.

It won't take long, nor will it be difficult, it'll be so **** easy, i'll build you one if you ship the me the parts. Here are the projected needed parts (parts < $50):
  1. Yuneec Typhoon H, CGO3+ Gimbal Mount Set - Yuneec Typhoon H, CGO3+ Gimbal Mount Set
  2. Universal Microphone and Portable Recorder Shock Mount - Amazon.com: Movo SMM5-R Universal Microphone and Portable Recorder Shock Mount - Fits the Zoom H4n, H5, H6, Tascam DR-40, DR-05, DR-07 with 1/4" Mounting Screw (2016 Latest Version): Musical Instruments
  3. Yuneec Typhoon H, CGO3+ Gimbal Dampers Protective Cover - Yuneec Typhoon H, CGO3+ Gimbal Dampers Protective Cover (optional)
Let me build a proof of concept first, but here's my last mod, which was pretty easy -
. You got a link for the vid you're talking about... I haven't seen anything.

Reactions: Murray Martz
That's what I'm expecting, I'll prob custom build a mount using cheap replacement parts. Since its 360 video, there's no need for a gimbal. You'll only need something to reduce the vibration, i'll probably use a cheap audio shock mount.

It won't take long, nor will it be difficult, it'll be so **** easy, i'll build you one if you ship the me the parts. Here are the projected needed parts (parts < $50):
  1. Yuneec Typhoon H, CGO3+ Gimbal Mount Set - Yuneec Typhoon H, CGO3+ Gimbal Mount Set
  2. Universal Microphone and Portable Recorder Shock Mount - Amazon.com: Movo SMM5-R Universal Microphone and Portable Recorder Shock Mount - Fits the Zoom H4n, H5, H6, Tascam DR-40, DR-05, DR-07 with 1/4" Mounting Screw (2016 Latest Version): Musical Instruments
  3. Yuneec Typhoon H, CGO3+ Gimbal Dampers Protective Cover - Yuneec Typhoon H, CGO3+ Gimbal Dampers Protective Cover (optional)
Let me build a proof of concept first, but here's my last mod, which was pretty easy -
. You got a link for the vid you're talking about... I haven't seen anything.
I finally found the video. And you can move around it. Kinda cool.

Reactions: jazzman81
Hallo.

Here's some working ways I've solved the task:
Mounting the 360 camera under the drone instead of the CGO3.

IMG_0022.JPG

I bought a Yuneec mount set with dampers and cut a piece of plastic with a center 1/4 inch bolt to attach the camera to.

IMG_0028.JPG

I also got hold of the Samsung Gear 360 Value kit and stuck the curved mount on top of the Typhoon.

IMG_0024.JPG

You can even put the 360 camera on top of a selfie pole to get a little extra elevation.

IMG_0026.JPG

All solutions have been tested and all works just fine. But be careful with the "top mount" as it is only hold on to the fuselage with 3M VHB tape.

Sorry for the dark pictures (it's still early morning here), but I think you get the idea...

Hallo.

View attachment 5785

I bought a Yuneec mount set with dampers and cut a piece of plastic with a center 1/4 inch bolt to attach the camera to.

View attachment 5784

I also got hold of the Samsung Gear 360 Value kit and stuck the curved mount on top of the Typhoon.

View attachment 5782

You can even put the 360 camera on top of a selfie pole to get a little extra elevation.

View attachment 5783

All solutions have been tested and all works just fine. But be careful with the "top mount" as it is only hold on to the fuselage with 3M VHB tape.

Sorry for the dark pictures (it's still early morning here), but I think you get the idea...
Thanks... that's exactly what I was thinking it would look like. I didn't think of mounting it to to the top, I'll have to try that too. Thanks again!!!

Reactions: DkDrone
Hallo.

View attachment 5785

View attachment 5784

View attachment 5782

View attachment 5783

done the same thing here with my original Q500... can also mount a Lightdow action cam ( cheaper than GoPro )...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my