Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Any good news about Dashware and Windows 10 yet...???

Reaction score
Hi there pilots

This is Lawrence from Piraeus, Greece and i am a newbie.
I am really happy i found copilots to my hobby. Proud owner of a Q500 4k for the last one year.
Unfortunately, due to business restriction not much time for flights.
Last weekend though, i had some succesfull and without accidents flights ( knock on wood).
After returning back home i tried to overlay telemetry data in my videos but in vain. No video appearance (4K, HD or SD) in Dashware.
Searched on the the internet to find that Windows 10 updates is the problem and a solution was to delete certain DLL from the program directory. Some say that by doing so they came back in business.
Not my case. The file, though deleted, comes back every time i restart the program.
It sounds like a bad joke, but it's true.
Any ideas of what is possibly happening??? Or even any good news from Dashware.???
I hope to hear from any one of you soon.
Thanks in advance
Lawrence
P.S. Great forum, really glad i found you. Feeling kind of lonely (as a Yuneec pilot) here in Greece.

Dear Graham and Steve Carr

Thanks a million for the quick reply.
I had already spotted and used the RaceRender 3 software. Basically, it is made for car driving users.
But it would not be a problem if it could handle 4K video.
I tried to overlay data on a 4K video, but after the 1st second the gauges disappeared.
It kept only RaceRender Logo and the word Speed.
I did the same thing with an HD (1080p) video and everything was perfect.
I tried several 4K videos but in vain.
I think I'll try to contact RaceRender Support, to see what they have to say on that and i'll get back to you.

Anyway, thanks again and have some great flights.
Take care
Lawrence

Dear Graham and Steve Carr

Thanks a million for the quick reply.
I had already spotted and used the RaceRender 3 software. Basically, it is made for car driving users.
But it would not be a problem if it could handle 4K video.
I tried to overlay data on a 4K video, but after the 1st second the gauges disappeared.
It kept only RaceRender Logo and the word Speed.
I did the same thing with an HD (1080p) video and everything was perfect.
I tried several 4K videos but in vain.
I think I'll try to contact RaceRender Support, to see what they have to say on that and i'll get back to you.

Anyway, thanks again and have some great flights.
Take care
Lawrence
That may be a limitation of your computer and/or graphics card. Very few computers can play 4K video effectively. I'm dealing with the same issue and I"m installing a new pc designed for video editing to overcome this problem.

Dear Steve
As i state in my profile i am a graphics artist. My PC is a 5500$ one.
I edit videos and graphics 8 hours per day. Windows 10, Display drivers and Video Codecs are the latest.
I deal with PC's since the 80's, so i know when i see a software glitch. Not necesserilly from RaceRender.
It probably has got to do with Windows update, as from time to time i have similar problems with other graphics software.
And then software companies issue an update and everything is fixed. Of course we are talking about Programs
of thousands of $.
Anyway, maybe tomorrow i'll contact RaceRender to see what they have to say on the matter.
Thank you for your time.

Dear Steve
As i state in my profile i am a graphics artist. My PC is a 5500$ one.
I edit videos and graphics 8 hours per day. Windows 10, Display drivers and Video Codecs are the latest.
I deal with PC's since the 80's, so i know when i see a software glitch. Not necesserilly from RaceRender.
It probably has got to do with Windows update, as from time to time i have similar problems with other graphics software.
And then software companies issue an update and everything is fixed. Of course we are talking about Programs
of thousands of $.
Anyway, maybe tomorrow i'll contact RaceRender to see what they have to say on the matter.
Thank you for your time.
Duly noted, acknowledged and peace pipe passed. Sorry about the oversight. That is far beyond 99% of the members here including me. Hopefully you will be providing editing tips to the group in the future. :D

Here i am again... with an UPDATE...!!!
Looking in the process of adding gauge template, the gauges are in Auto.
If i change it to Visible then they stay on. I think problem solved.
Next weekend i'll go out for a proper flight and if everything goes ok with RaceRender i thing i'll buy the software.
One way or the other thank you all for helping me. I'll keep you informed.
Here in Piraeus, Greece it is 01:14 am so i think i better go to bed cause WAF (wife argument factor) is rising dangerously ;-).
Have a nice day.
Lawrence

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio