Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Any other Skyview owners here?

CraigCam

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
My last purchase at soon defunct hobby shop was their last pair of Yuneec Skyview goggles. I fly real time FPV also and have been vocal about my skepticism of FPV with a wifi video connection because of latency. I also wish I could see closer to the ST 16 screen and have been playing around with HDMI connected monitors and dual linking CGO with IPad. So, on an impulse, I got the Skyview.
My first test, I went up to a clear unobstructed altitude at my home flying area and set a hover before putting on the headset. I can keep my glasses on which is a huge plus and the lag does not seem that horrible. The loss of peripheral vision makes me want to have a spotter with me as per instructions. I welcome any comments and suggestions on how some of you use the goggles for lining up shots etc...
Thanks in advance.

My last purchase at soon defunct hobby shop was their last pair of Yuneec Skyview goggles. I fly real time FPV also and have been vocal about my skepticism of FPV with a wifi video connection because of latency. I also wish I could see closer to the ST 16 screen and have been playing around with HDMI connected monitors and dual linking CGO with IPad. So, on an impulse, I got the Skyview.
My first test, I went up to a clear unobstructed altitude at my home flying area and set a hover before putting on the headset. I can keep my glasses on which is a huge plus and the lag does not seem that horrible. The loss of peripheral vision makes me want to have a spotter with me as per instructions. I welcome any comments and suggestions on how some of you use the goggles for lining up shots etc...
Thanks in advance.
I'm also wanting to purchase these goggles. Good to know we can wear them with eye glasses. Hoping to hear some positive reviews from members as well.

I have SkyView goggles as well. My only real complaint is that I can't see the very bottom of the LCD based on how the goggles sit on my face. I wish that the LCD position was adjustable to compensate, as it is in some other goggles on the market.

Thanks in advance.
My original intentions of using the Samsung Oculus VR Gear in combination with my DJI GO app or the Yuneec CGO app led to nothing. (Oculus still sucks in being very proprietary and Samsung still is willing to let it happen!) So I bought Yuneec's "Sky View" in early October 2016 as a general FPV solution for HDMI capable drones or RCs.
Beside the fact that it is officially illegal to fly FPV without a spotter, I find the view and impression (immersion) interesting on the one hand, on the other hand the discoupling from reality is quite problematic. So I decided to not use it in the end for me as a pilot, but for other persons watching the views more closely.

I have SkyView goggles as well. My only real complaint is that I can't see the very bottom of the LCD based on how the goggles sit on my face. I wish that the LCD position was adjustable to compensate, as it is in some other goggles on the market.
That is the same with me. I managed to see the bottom of the LCD screen by loosening the top band quite a bit... In addition I put an adhesive parquet protector as a "nose relief".

My original intentions of using the Samsung Oculus VR Gear in combination with my DJI GO app or the Yuneec CGO app led to nothing. (Oculus still sucks in being very proprietary and Samsung still is willing to let it happen!) So I bought Yuneec's "Sky View" in early October 2016 as a general FPV solution for HDMI capable drones or RCs.
Beside the fact that it is officially illegal to fly FPV without a spotter, I find the view and impression (immersion) interesting on the one hand, on the other hand the discoupling from reality is quite problematic. So I decided to not use it in the end for me as a pilot, but for other persons watching the views more closely.

That's good to know. I was thinking the same thing that it'd be more for director rather than myself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval