Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anybody Else Brick Their Typhoon H During Firmware Update?

You have to HOLD the power button on.
Good point!so true you are.I personally will not update if my machine is fine,and my H is a dream,very solid.I only did my compass for the accelerometer checked out good by showing no drift while in air.

So far my Typhoon H has been a huge let down. I decided to go ahead and do the firmware update thinking it may resolve some of my smaller issues. I downloaded the new firmware version 2.10 off Yuneec's site and proceeded to update the H. Once the firmware update was done, I turned it off as instructed in the Yuneec Tutorial Video and then tried to power back on to see if the firmware took. That's when things went from bad to as bad as it can get. The Typhoon H won't boot up when you try to power it on. I get a single audible beep and I can see a series of blue flashing lights coming from inside the H and nothing. Thinking it may be a bad flight battery, I tried the new one I bought a couple of days after receiving the H. Inserted the new battery with a fresh charge into the H, pushed the power button and nothing but a single audible beep followed by nothing. It's bricked alright. No way to unbrick it that I can find since it won't power on at all.

Oh and a tip I figured out for folks experiencing the issue with the Video Record Button not working unless you press it a bunch of times. Go into the CHANNEL SETTINGS menu and locate the button labeled B4, press B4, Increase the curve settings, Save and exit the menu and try the button again, it should begin recording video with one simple press. Manage to figure that out before I bricked my H.

Should have got a X STAR I DID. Have a new q500 4k for sale cheep. 650 never flown.

Use your computer connecter typhoon with usb câble and use yuneec software and update thé typhoon. After that your typhoon Will restart...

Hello All,

I am having trouble arming the copter and the start/stop button stopped working after successful firmware update to b23. Now I know a lot of people have had the same problem. some could get it going by adjusting the channel parameter and some by reseting the ST16 to factory setting. I have not been able to resolve the matter by following the methods have been told by others.

I am going to point out to some factors and then it would be great if some one hands out his experience and knowledge on this matter.

1- The ready light indicator on ST16 screen is in blue. when I push the red button it makes some beeps but no start. However I am not sure if the Hexa Icon on top of the READY status should be in any color or not. right now is dimmed and greyed out.
2- I have telemetry reading and GPS OFF IN angle mode.
3- Camera is working and everything seems ok.
4- When I push red button the out put monitor shows its working and going from 50 to 0 once its hold.

I also have to mention that each time I do a channel setting change and I touch return on the screen to exit channel setting and to go back to main screen I get a popup that says "send and receive on both fail"
But all the buttons work except the B1 button. Camera works, led indicator shows each flight mode correctly, and so on... even my graph on channel setting is exactly as it supposed to be unless I am missing something.

I have gathered some pics of my channel setting, Firmware info page and so on... thank you all in advance

Attachments

• photo_2016-10-17_13-48-03.jpg
    photo_2016-10-17_13-48-03.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 7
  • photo_2016-10-17_13-48-12.jpg
    photo_2016-10-17_13-48-12.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 6
  • photo_2016-10-17_13-48-16.jpg
    photo_2016-10-17_13-48-16.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 5
  • photo_2016-10-17_13-48-31.jpg
    photo_2016-10-17_13-48-31.jpg