Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anybody else flying?

Reaction score
Arrived at takeoff point 30 min before sunrise. Unbeknownst to me there was another drone pilot at the site tucked off down a path behind a fence and trees. First 2 flights no problem. In the middle of third flight my quad out about 700' seemed to be moving without my control. I looked up from the transmitter and I couldn't find my bird. Scanning the sky I found it ( so I thought ) WTF! It wasn't responding to the sticks. Put it in RTH and it starting flying away. Holy [EXPLETIVE REMOVED]! I'm in trouble. Switched to home and angle but the quad still wouldn't respond. RTH again and it started descending 150' from my position. I ran along the fence line and peered around the corner. Another pilot was landing his drone, which btw, had the same profile as the Typhoon. ( longer arms ) I ran back to my original position and guess what I heard buzzing overhead. I had been spying the wrong bird all along!
Bottom line, I panicked when my visual wasn't right and although I think I checked distance on the transmitter(RTH), I guess in my panic I didn't.
I don't know anything about frequencies. Could the other pilot have affected my drone in any way?
Add this to the Pre-Flight Checklist!

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrived at takeoff point 30 min before sunrise. Unbeknownst to me there was another drone pilot at the site tucked off down a path behind a fence and trees. First 2 flights no problem. In the middle of third flight my quad out about 700' seemed to be moving without my control. I looked up from the transmitter and I couldn't find my bird. Scanning the sky I found it ( so I thought ) WTF! It wasn't responding to the sticks. Put it in RTH and it starting flying away. Holy [EXPLETIVE REMOVED]! I'm in trouble. Switched to home and angle but the quad still wouldn't respond. RTH again and it started descending 150' from my position. I ran along the fence line and peered around the corner. Another pilot was landing his drone, which btw, had the same profile as the Typhoon. ( longer arms ) I ran back to my original position and guess what I heard buzzing overhead. I had been spying the wrong bird all along!
Bottom line, I panicked when my visual wasn't right and although I think I checked distance on the transmitter(RTH), I guess in my panic I didn't.
I don't know anything about frequencies. Could the other pilot have affected my drone in any way?
Add this to the Pre-Flight Checklist!
Hey Bob, you may want to add toilet paper to the list as well!! lol

Reactions: Bob Emmerich
Could the other pilot have affected my drone in any way?
Normally not. the communication is digital and to get in contact you have first binding the copter with the ST10.
And the copter allows only one binding at the same time.

If you like to use the magic-stick ...wizard, you have to change the connection.

I bet that was a pucker moment LOL, I know because I had something similar happen to me, I had flown out to max range using only the st10 screen for reference, when the wind kicked up it was impossible to control the bird, it was moving all over the place :eek:.

In my haste I did the exact same thing you did, switching back and forth trying to find a setting that would get it back under my control, well the loss of control was just the fact the video signal wasn't responding as fast as the Tx controls making me think someone had somehow hacked my signal and took control of it, so I stopped doing anything in the way of trying to regain control and flipped it to the Home setting and waited anxiously and sure enough I finally spotted her in the sky heading right back to me, WHEWWWWW!!! o_O

From then on I always watch her as she flies to get a reference where in the sky to look and compare it to the video on the Tx.

The answer is no to another drone flier intercepting or causing any interference with your connection as it is locked into your Tx when bound. If you read the manual it gives a description of how to bind and there is no way any one could possibly do that unless they had the bird in their hands.

Reactions: Bob Emmerich
I bet that was a pucker moment LOL, I know because I had something similar happen to me, I had flown out to max range using only the st10 screen for reference, when the wind kicked up it was impossible to control the bird, it was moving all over the place :eek:.

In my haste I did the exact same thing you did, switching back and forth trying to find a setting that would get it back under my control, well the loss of control was just the fact the video signal wasn't responding as fast as the Tx controls making me think someone had somehow hacked my signal and took control of it, so I stopped doing anything in the way of trying to regain control and flipped it to the Home setting and waited anxiously and sure enough I finally spotted her in the sky heading right back to me, WHEWWWWW!!! o_O

From then on I always watch her as she flies to get a reference where in the sky to look and compare it to the video on the Tx.

The answer is no to another drone flier intercepting or causing any interference with your connection as it is locked into your Tx when bound. If you read the manual it gives a description of how to bind and there is no way any one could possibly do that unless they had the bird in their hands.
Thanks for the info. Signal catch up was probably what was going on. Shoulda taken a deep breath to get out of "panic mode." Well, it was a great learning experience. Lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval