Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anyone own this H case?

I have the case from MC-Cases. Two issues: the power brick does not fit into the lower compartment (larger than the cut-out), and the 3-antenna ST-16+ doesn't fit well- I have to remove the center 5.8GHz antenna so that it will fit better.
Hmmm.. I have the 3-antenna ST-16 and it fits perfectly. I insert it upside down. I don't have to remove the antenna.

Hmmm.. I have the 3-antenna ST-16 and it fits perfectly. I insert it upside down. I don't have to remove the antenna.

After inserting the ST-16, pull out the foam block (to access the lower compartment) and look at the bottom. Mine has a thin piece of foam glued to the bottom, and the bottom bows out. It might have caused the foam piece to detach from the foam block on one side. When I remove the antenna, the bottom is flat. I put the antenna in a 3rd slot that was cut out on the block (the videos and instructions only show 2 slots).

On the upside, they cut out an extra round hole next to the ST-16 where you can fit your Wizard, They added a small block of eggshell foam on the lid (that exposes the lower compartment under the Typhoon) in the area where the GCO 3+ camera will sit to stabilize it. They also created a block of foam cut out to hold the GCO camera if you decide to remove it from the Typhoon for traveling and the block fits into the lower compartment under the ST-16.

Someone asked for the price- I bought mine from Amazon, which acts as a middle-man for MC-Cases. The case is shipped directly from Germany. The price on Amazon now is $339 plus $4.49 shipping. However, if you're patient, the price can drop for a brief time, to as low as $279 and no extra shipping. That's what happened to me, and once I saw that price drop, I snatched it up.

The link to the case on Amazon is here: Amazon.com : Professional wheeled carrying case / trolley for the Typhoon H Advanced and Pro with mounted propellers and camera, UPDATE: Extendable handle now included : Camera & Photo

Last edited:
Reactions: Jester
I have several Pelican cases for my photo gear and have learned I like the pick and pluck foam so I can make lenses and bodies fit slightly loose so I can work out of the cases when packed for the road. I have several versions of foam to fit whatever gear I choose to take.

Purposing them for the H is the same concept. Trying to draw it out at multiple locations is hard enough without the suction created for the batteries and the tight fit of the custom cut liners and I found even in the foam shipping container.

In case you are interested finding the right size to fit the depth of the H required a BIG case. The Pelican 1620 roller was one I had so I found the shipping foam that comes with the H fits. There is room to use the top piece of the foam if you remove the case top foam. It has some room at the end but I choose to carry my batteries in a separate Pelican 1200. I carry seven now. There is room to use the top piece of the foam if you remove the case top foam.

The case can be bought a little cheaper without foam if you choose to use the shipping foam of the H.

If I put my Unit 1 H in the Yuneec soft pack I put the Unit 2 in the Pelican as I have extended the landing gear lower pieces to reduce tip over. Then I pack some loose pieces of foam around the controller and under the H.

Attachments

• DH8_3597-8x.JPG
    DH8_3597-8x.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 17
  • DH8_3598-8x.JPG
    DH8_3598-8x.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 15
  • DH8_3600-8x.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 6
Seems like a lot of work- To remove the loose foam so you can get the H out, and having to work the foam so you can get the H back in. I also noticed in the images that you have the props removed. With the MC-Case, you don't have to remove the props. The only thing is that you have to fold the arms down. There are other cases in the $500-600 range where the arms don't have to be folded down and the props still mounted when placing in the case. The foam insert that comes with the soft backpack is in a stacked form- you have to remove several components before you can get the H out. I like how every component has it's own spot and does not need 1 thing to be removed in order to remove another (except for the lower compartments- I put very infrequent components in those compartments.

Anyways, everyone has their own preferences, and budget. I really like my MC-Case, in terms of how my H stuff is packed up and the cost.

Yeah that loose foam is tough to handle.

I only use it if I am going on a trip and plan to roll the case into where I am staying. Otherwise gravity holds things down in the back of my vehicle.

I can leave the props on and fold the arms down.

The foam for the soft backpack came in the shipping box, not with the soft case.

Don't know what you refer to as "layered"

Someone asked for the price- I bought mine from Amazon, which acts as a middle-man for MC-Cases. The case is shipped directly from Germany. The price on Amazon now is $339 plus $4.49 shipping. However, if you're patient, the price can drop for a brief time, to as low as $279 and no extra shipping. That's what happened to me, and once I saw that price drop, I snatched it up.

The link to the case on Amazon is here: Amazon.com : Professional wheeled carrying case / trolley for the Typhoon H Advanced and Pro with mounted propellers and camera, UPDATE: Extendable handle now included : Camera & Photo

Thanks for the link. I looked it up this morning and they had 1 new and 1 used (a return I believe as it is in new condition without marks or scratches) the new one was $339 and the used one was $233. I jumped on the used one. Hope it's everything everyone is saying it is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval