Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

App for finding long/lat by address

Reaction score
Anyone have a recommendation on the most user friendly app that will give you longitude and latitude by entering a property address?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you do that in Google maps? Hold your finger to drop a pin and you will see the coordinates in the upper bar.

Depends on how many and how much time you want to put into it.
Are we talking 10? 100? 1,000?
Do you want a CSV file of all of them when you're through?

More detail on the application would help.

Google maps is notoriously poor at getting addresses correct. My house is a 1/2 mile down the road and a lodge 3 miles north of me is 12 miles south on Google. It does work if you know the exact location by looking at the aerials.

Google maps is notoriously poor at getting addresses correct. My house is a 1/2 mile down the road and a lodge 3 miles north of me is 12 miles south on Google. It does work if you know the exact location by looking at the aerials.
Here in the U.K. many people use the Post-Code (an analogy of this is the Zip Code used in the U.S.) to find addresses and estimate Lat-Long. IMO, though, I think using post codes in this way is no-where near accurate. For example, my postcode would generate a Lat-Long at a particular house (where several parcels have been delivered by lazy delivery drivers over the years by relying on postcodes entered into a Sat-Nav) over half a mile away.

So, as Steve Car says: Better to pin point the address using Google Earth and generate the Lat-Long through that.

I can't see anywhere where the google maps app for iPhone shows Long/Lat but I did download google earth and that app does show it. I just needed long/lat info for waivers and permission. I called a private airport yesterday to find out their height restriction and gave him an address of where I'd be flying. He said just to call back before I start flying and again when I'm finished. So when I call them I'd like to be able to give him an exact location and a radius as to how far out I'll be flying as well as height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click a point in Google maps. the address may not be accurate, but the co-ords are spot-on. The ruler tool in Google Earth will give you a radius.
Also, try My Maps (A Google Maps sub-app), it might have features you'd be interested in (like loading a list of co-ords or addresses and plotting them on a G-map).

Screenshot_022617_110208_AM.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop