Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Are you a "selfie drone pilot" or a full fledged drone pilot?

I was impressed by a CEO who gave a superb presention with excellent video clips. It shows confidence in the product.

Yeah the man gave a Steve Jobs on coffee style presentation, I nearly bought two on the spot! A world apart from Yuneec, and if you look on the website they have a defined preorder date and christ I think it comes with a backpack. I am still waiting on my Typhoon H backpack since May and if you try and order a Breeze on the Yuneec website you have to phone them and get the same old "it'll be available end of next week".

Now that the GoPro Karma has been announced and it is seen to not have the ability to fly indoors or have obstacle avoidance... DJI leaked some details of its Mavic. The Mavic can fly indoors and has obstacle avoidance. In looking at the "PS4" style controller, you will have to add a tablet or your phone to get the FPV view of the camera. Also, the typical COMPASS ERROR is showing on the controller... sign of things to come with a new product? :)

One thing that strikes me is the size of the propellors (look at photo of Mavic beside the Inspire's massive props). Big props mean powerful motors able to fly high and fast and lift a heavy battery.

MAVIC_1.jpg MAVIC_2.jpg

Yes,this should be a high speed drone, with obstacles avoidance system

I saw that (Compass Err) and had to laugh, especially on the H forum...

Now that the GoPro Karma has been announced and it is seen to not have the ability to fly indoors or have obstacle avoidance... DJI leaked some details of its Mavic. The Mavic can fly indoors and has obstacle avoidance. In looking at the "PS4" style controller, you will have to add a tablet or your phone to get the FPV view of the camera. Also, the typical COMPASS ERROR is showing on the controller... sign of things to come with a new product? :)

One thing that strikes me is the size of the propellors (look at photo of Mavic beside the Inspire's massive props). Big props mean powerful motors able to fly high and fast and lift a heavy battery.

View attachment 3175 View attachment 3176

Im very interest with the GoPro Karma, please tell me how good the camera Gopro 5 compare with my CG03+, and i think it will good if we can continue to discuss GoPro Karma Vs Typhoon H in term of Technical Spec and Features.

because if Karma Wort it to Buy then i will sell my Typhoon H.

thanx

The Gopro 5 will be far superior to the CG03+ apart from lens distortion, which I assume is still the case but can to a degree be removed in post.

The Typhoon H will be a better flyer though in terms of stability so it depends on what you are looking for, if you want portability, good colour accuracy and metering go with the GoPro, if you want a stable platform stick with your Typhoon.

Reactions: Xdeepdiver
Im very interest with the GoPro Karma, please tell me how good the camera Gopro 5 compare with my CG03+, and i think it will good if we can continue to discuss GoPro Karma Vs Typhoon H in term of Technical Spec and Features.

because if Karma Wort it to Buy then i will sell my Typhoon H.

thanx
If you want both stability and pictures quality go for dji

Every manufacturer should give their recently launch product to Mr. Casey Neistat to test out! Casey (long time DJI Phantom pilot) has fun with the GoPro Karma in the real world.

While it is interesting to see all this 'new' stuff, it doesn't actually interest me in the slightest. My preference is for a multi-rotor that I can use to create video with, not something that takes all the thought out of it.

Don't get me wrong as I am not criticising as I also understand that there is a huge market for the above, and others that will come along.

Personally, I'm making the Breeze my next acquisition. It appears to be designed for indoor use, which I need in video production. The ground sensors are amazing! Just what I need to add to my arsenal.

Personally, I'm making the Breeze my next acquisition. It appears to be designed for indoor use, which I need in video production. The ground sensors are amazing! Just what I need to add to my arsenal.

What sort of interior work are you planning with it, presumably something that a handheld gimbal cannot cover?

Reactions: QuadBart
I am a flyer.

Having said that, first selfie using the H. Actually did not have enough footage that I liked for a sunset video that day, but did capture a shot of me flying. I don't actually ever like having me in the footage - to self gratifying and who cares? But I am of that generation. How about the 'Occasional selfie drone pilot" for my Facebook friends? H is terrific for that and flying.

So wait for dji mavic

So far (before the launch of the DJI Mavic), the Yuneec Breeze wins in the follow-me & personal selfie department. I'm not sure why GoPro goofed up and left out the ability to fly indoors and also left out the ability to have a follow-me mode. Most GoPro users out there (speaking from my own experience) use a GoPro as a personal item, and not to film other people. GoPro should have allowed control of the Karma via a cellphone or a wrist watch, and there should have been a follow-me mode. I'm hoping that this will be a future option. I will say the removable & portable 3 axis gimbal is extremely nice and very useful.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Anyone see this Mavic Promo yet? Still no pricing, I'm sure that will be later today.
This thing looks nice but I'm guessing very pricey.

I think the breeze is alright as its a different price point, but I think GoPro may as well give up now as the Mavic looks impressive!

The Mavic is $750 with no controller and 999 with the controller.

Holy ****. Call me a selfie pilot.

I have a breeze being delivered today that I'll just be refusing delivery on I think.

For the price I think DJI just killed the Karma. We will see. The Karma is a nice package but for just a drone the Mavic looks nice. I think I will be getting one to add to my fleet.

The Karma is officially DOA. GoPro was already hurting as a company and this is going to really hurt them.

LOL I literally cannot order a MAVIC fast enough and judging by the site errors I say I was not the only one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytingarden1