Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Autopilot software (GPS) Q500, Q5004K

Reaction score
Autopilot software.
Like many of you I was hoping that Yuneec would have considered releasing a download for the Q500 enabling it to have the capability to use GPS and fly with autopilot. I would like to know if a program was designed giving the Q500 this ability would other Typhoon owners be willing to buy it for download?

Would love to have it but don't think I would pay for it, all ready have that on the other birds, that said my 500+ is still a favorite.

Reactions: olddog58vette
thank you so much for your candor is greatly appreciated. I started this thread for the simple fact I want to know people's honest opinion. It will take a lot of my time an effort to write this program and that is why I wanted honest feedback. Primarily this program would be written for people such as myself who only has one drone without GPS or autopilot capabilities. thank you again for your comment

I think the Q500 4k has become the bstrd step child. I expected Y to keep up with the P4, being the same price and hardware specs but Y never seemed to even make an effort. A lot of P4 features have shown up on the H, but "what ever".

I've got a lot good to say about my Q500, but with the software it came with it is really designed for people with big egos who want to film themselves from what appears to be a great distance.

I'm interested. Don't know if or how much I'd pay, though. Have to know more specifics before I can decide what it's worth to me. Btw, are you reverse engineering their firmware (ROM's?) in order to do this? I have no problem with that but I don't know if they release an SDK for our birds or what. An SDK would be OUTSTANDING!

I would pay, as this is my only model and the quality is impressive.
If it were priced accordingly. .... sure it's not a problem.
I imagine that will take a lot of work on your part. Best of luck and please let me know when it's ready.

I would possibly be interested in paying a nominal fee for such a program. I would want to demo it first to ensure it works for my needs, maybe you could provide a time limited demo. Where would this program run? Would it require rooting the controller and installing an app there or would this somehow connect via a cell phone app?

That said I think it wouldn't be hard for Yuneec to port the capability to the Q500+, I think all the needed hardware is there and the remote has an android based device so it doesn't seem impossible for them to update it. I asked about it on a call I made to support but unfortunately they said they currently aren't aware of any plans to add it, maybe with enough demand (people contacting them and asking) they would consider it.

The ST10+ android system is way to small to handle a program like that. Its a android phone in a big box and thats it. Don't expect any updates from Yuneec or third party updates. Not going to happen.

The ST10+ android system is way to small to handle a program like that. Its a android phone in a big box and thats it. Don't expect any updates from Yuneec or third party updates. Not going to happen.
I don't know that I agree with that, my phone can plot GPS routes for other drones that have the capability so why not this controller? I realize it is not a high end system but doesn't take much to plot some GPS waypoints and send those to the drone. I know the drone can accept commands to move to a location as is shown by using the wizard controller with the Q500.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal