Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. HarveyC

20160505_104810~2.jpg 20160505_104822_HDR~2.jpg 20160505_105012~2.jpg Okay, I went to my Post Office to get my mail, took some quick photos. The backpack seems huge and I wondered if it was carry-on compliant, measured roughly as 19" x 14" x 12". I know some are interested in battery terminals, so photos shown of those.

JB1, EnlightenOnQ, Yuneec_Usa and 2 others like this.
  2. Dezzzy.D

Congrats!! That bag does look pretty large. Jealous still though

HarveyC likes this.
  3. Dezzzy.D

That from ACES?

4. Hal

Hal

I'd be jealous if he got the Typhoon H Drone…… Congrats on getting accessories. Please let us know when you get a tracking number for the TH.

I've got a Backpack and Battery on order but are useless to me until I get something to use them with :\ I told the dealer to ship them all at once...

5. HarveyC

Yes. Ordered April 29th, 1:23PM Pacific. Also ordered extra propellers but those weren't included.

6. Gidrock

How is the sturdiness of the case. Will it hold up to hiking etc.

7. vincent

Can someone send me a link to there page? What did it end up costing you?

8. CAPTAINDRONE

From your photo it would appear the foam insert is not included. I was hoping the backpack came with a foam insert... then I'd have two (one from the Typhoon H box and one with the backpack). My plan was to modify one of them.

9. Gidrock

10. HarveyC

The backpack seems plenty sturdy. The backpack feels fairly comfortable (empty!!!!!) with a sternum strap and waste strap.

Q500+ TYPHOON

11. HarveyC

The Australian guy that gave the unboxing video pointed out that we needed to keep the foam insert from our Typhoon H to put into the backpack so I knew that when I ordered it.

12. Dabeechman

150 is definitely high for an empty backpack. I plan on making something work once I receive the H.

13. Hal

Hal

I agree….how much do those foam inserts cost?!? I bet there will be plenty that toss it out with the box shortly after they get their drones and then stuck. WE know better now…

While it is a custom backpack (and I ordered one), the $150 seems a little steep without it being a full case with foam. My Go Professional case, Pelican style (waterproof) with die cut foam AND wheels was about $180 for my Phantom. I see DJI backpacks for about $90 online. Perhaps Yuneec's will drop in price once they get readily available.

14. CAPTAINDRONE

I agree. I think eventually there will be some nice after market bags that fit the foam insert at a low cost. Others will just find any old bag that fits the foam to save some $$.

15. Hal

Hal

The $90 hardshell DJI case looks very similar…But, without dimensions it's hard to tell. I also think pulling a Yuneec drone out of a DJI bag could have its problems….LOL

But, gotta protect the investment. Not ready to spend $375 on a Pelican type case for the TH

16. Gidrock

I have a foam cut to fit place close to my house so I may go out buy hard case and have them custom cut an insert for traveling

17. HarveyC

I think this is a pricey bakcpack but worth it for me as it will protect my investment and make it convenient to carry on my back, leaving my hands free. I have a Pelican case for camera gear but don't use that to carry out to the field.

DroneClone likes this.
  18. Pharkas

Wow, what do they charge? The waterjet cut foam insert for the Q500 case sells for $90 on Amazon. I was tempted to replace the styrofoam insert but that seems pricey for foam with no case.
    http://www.amazon.com/Camera-Vault-...UTF8&qid=1462476343&sr=8-4&keywords=q500+case

19. PRnNJs FINEST

I agree that knowing now that it does not bring its own foam insert is disappointing and over priced. I am also disappointed at the fact that it is not carryon compliant. I am taking a vacation soon and wanted to take it with me and have eyes on it at all times, I do not feel comfortable checking it in =-(.

20. glider

I ordered a backpack because once I get the copter I'll detest carrying it around in pieces; bought the H to be able to carry it all in one bag.