Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Backpack and batteries received - photos

Just checked United Airlines and they state for carryon it can not exceed 45 linear inches. The measurement you provided us come up to exactly that so I hope its good to go!!!!!

I agree that knowing now that it does not bring its own foam insert is disappointing and over priced. I am also disappointed at the fact that it is not carryon compliant. I am taking a vacation soon and wanted to take it with me and have eyes on it at all times, I do not feel comfortable checking it in =-(.
Maybe not worth the effort, but one firearms forum I belong had a post by a guy that traveled with expensive computers all the time and he always packed a handgun with them as regulations require that he lock those cases with a lock that he retains possession of the key to at all times. Of course, this would need to be a domestic flight and some place where you could legally possess a firearm. Don't even need to take ammo with you, the handgun is just a way to provide the special security to your case. Would be much easier if it was carryon, of course.

I agree that knowing now that it does not bring its own foam insert is disappointing and over priced. I am also disappointed at the fact that it is not carryon compliant. I am taking a vacation soon and wanted to take it with me and have eyes on it at all times, I do not feel comfortable checking it in =-(.
How do you know it's not carry on compliant, the measurement fits? Just curious

I think this is a pricey bakcpack but worth it for me as it will protect my investment and make it convenient to carry on my back, leaving my hands free. I have a Pelican case for camera gear but don't use that to carry out to the field.
The backpack is fine and the price compared to the H, nothing, Does anyone know for a fact that the packing insert in the "H" box is not soft foam, and that it is cheap plastic foam? I do not recall anyone knowing for sure?

View attachment 470 View attachment 471 View attachment 472 Okay, I went to my Post Office to get my mail, took some quick photos. The backpack seems huge and I wondered if it was carry-on compliant, measured roughly as 19" x 14" x 12". I know some are interested in battery terminals, so photos shown of those.
You ordered two extra batteries? I thought just one? My dealer has a "One" of everything limit, till supplies increase, bummer !

Maybe not worth the effort, but one firearms forum I belong had a post by a guy that traveled with expensive computers all the time and he always packed a handgun with them as regulations require that he lock those cases with a lock that he retains possession of the key to at all times. Of course, this would need to be a domestic flight and some place where you could legally possess a firearm. Don't even need to take ammo with you, the handgun is just a way to provide the special security to your case. Would be much easier if it was carryon, of course.
Remember though the case must be a TSA approved one for firearms. I purchased a handgun back home in Louisiana and had a small lockbox type that I had to secure to my luggage on the inside. the case was TSA approved. You can lock any bag you check as long as the locks are TSA approved. If not they will cut them.

How do you know it's not carry on compliant, the measurement fits? Just curious

DC, after going on United Airlines, its states it has to be 45 linear inches, which by the measurements that Harvey gave us, its exactly 45 linear inches so it "should" be carryon complaint. I guess I will find out, lol.

Reactions: DroneClone
DC, after going on United Airlines, its states it has to be 45 linear inches, which by the measurements that Harvey gave us, its exactly 45 linear inches so it "should" be carryon complaint. I guess I will find out, lol.
Thanks for clarification my friend!

Reading the above posts, does everyone realize the foam insert the H comes in is made for the backpack?

BTW, the battery weights 575g.

Remember though the case must be a TSA approved one for firearms. I purchased a handgun back home in Louisiana and had a small lockbox type that I had to secure to my luggage on the inside. the case was TSA approved. You can lock any bag you check as long as the locks are TSA approved. If not they will cut them.
Unless something has changed in the past year, that is not the law as I read it. The locks must not be able to be accessed by anyone other than the owner of the firearms, that is a specific federal requirement. TSA agents must ask the owner to unlock the case for their inspection.

Unless something has changed in the past year, that is not the law as I read it. The locks must not be able to be accessed by anyone other than the owner of the firearms, that is a specific federal requirement. TSA agents must ask the owner to unlock the case for their inspection.

Sorry I meant the container r must be TSA approved. And yes only the owner can unlock it. I know for rifles you must have multiple locks on the case.

Reading the above posts, does everyone realize the foam insert the H comes in is made for the backpack?

BTW, the battery weights 575g.

So, perhaps this is what happened.....Typhoon H was slated to hit the market as a PACKAGE for $1799 with extra battery, backpack, and a few extra props ---- Marketing concluded in order to sell these better, they had to undercut DJI P4 by a hundred bucks and, to meet that price, they made the backpack and extra battery an optional accessories --- But, the designers made the drone packaging efficient, in the original TH PACKAGE, where the owner would simply use the foam in the backpack shell. Of course, DJI P4s come in a similar foam "cooler" (wonder where their hard shell backpack is?).

Now..post marketing decision... you have the TH packed with the foam and the backpack, separately, as an accessory.... From the looks of the pictures, the foam is a treated styrofoam and not like a die cut/molded/plucked foam we know from other cases...But not like the brittle foam we get with stereo components and such.

I think Yuneec should supply the backpack whole, with the foam....And perhaps we have a spare with the foam used in the original box. For $150, the current backpack seems incomplete. And, I'm sure the foam will become a OEM part for those that tossed the original foam.

On a side note.....Wonder if Alton knew to keep the foam?

Last edited:
Sorry I meant the container r must be TSA approved. And yes only the owner can unlock it. I know for rifles you must have multiple locks on the case.
TSA does not approve cases for such purpose, they simply state firearms must be in a hard-sided case, see Transporting Firearms and Ammunition

See post #27 at New Policy For Flying With Handguns - Calguns.net for someone that does the same sort of thing as I'm talking about. But a 4 rotor drone? How "yesterday". LOL

Yes. Ordered April 29th, 1:23PM Pacific. Also ordered extra propellers but those weren't included.
They dropped mine off at 1100 hrs today. It's bigger than I anticipated, it's the depth that's going to be the problem as a carry on. Maybe if a flight isn't full they may let you carry it on. Now if we only had what's supposed to go inside life would be good...maybe next week or the week after that or the week after that...

Reactions: HarveyC
They dropped mine off at 1100 hrs today. It's bigger than I anticipated, it's the depth that's going to be the problem as a carry on. Maybe if a flight isn't full they may let you carry it on. Now if we only had what's supposed to go inside life would be good...maybe next week or the week after that or the week after that...
It will come, especially if you were one of the first to preorder!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval