Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Backpack and batteries received - photos

The first vendor I went with through Amazon cancelled all preorders because of a 30 day limit by Amazon. Now I'm waiting on my second pick, but I got a better spot in line for whatever that's worth. So the wait goes on...

View attachment 470 View attachment 471 View attachment 472 Okay, I went to my Post Office to get my mail, took some quick photos. The backpack seems huge and I wondered if it was carry-on compliant, measured roughly as 19" x 14" x 12". I know some are interested in battery terminals, so photos shown of those.
Need to test the points to see what the voltages are. While it's a 4s battery there is 3 test point (round holes) so a tap off point between batteries (3).... Strange there are 3 other points (square) one is positive, one is negative.... What's the other? Is that another negative point? Strange. I'm guessing the 3 small circular are the B1,B2,B3 test points between the cells, two of the square are the B+/B- points so this allows me to check voltage at each cell and the total.

????? What is the other square connector for? 3/4 voltage tap for controller ?? Can't wait for someone to check the points and get back with us as to what they are...

Capture.JPG upload_2016-5-6_12-4-52.jpeg

So does the first 2 plug points on the battery look just like a Deans Plug type??? Hmmmm

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HarveyC
I know enough about electricity to give myself a good shock but, if you want me to take any measurements, including with a meter, let me know. If you happen to be in NorCal you'd be welcome to check one of them out.

I know enough about electricity to give myself a good shock but, if you want me to take any measurements, including with a meter, let me know. If you happen to be in NorCal you'd be welcome to check one of them out.
Put your digital VOM in each port black/red leads separately one at a time and post readings, i am curious if it is left in the dock it will discharge the LiPo to recommended storage voltage of about 50%, but then it is not worth it as you do not have a charger to fully charge it, correct Harvey?

oI4oDP0.png

Looks pretty standard. All that needs to be done is for someone to take one apart and do some designing.

Last edited:
Reactions: DroneClone
My readings are essentially the same, 3.86v, 7.73v, 11.60v, 15.47v, 15.47v.

Hey guys, just received my extra battery and backpack, I have taken pictures of it next to my carryon suitcase I always travel with. As you can see, it is short height wise but definitely has more depth. I do not think it should be a problem boarding a plan with (hopefully). I guess I will find out soon, then again, I have to have a drone in it to even matter.....sigh.

Attachments

• IMG_0644.JPG
    IMG_0644.JPG
    651.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0645.JPG
    IMG_0645.JPG
    695.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0646.JPG
    IMG_0646.JPG
    636.6 KB · Views: 73
Hey guys, just received my extra battery and backpack, I have taken pictures of it next to my carryon suitcase I always travel with. As you can see, it is short height wise but definitely has more depth. I do not think it should be a problem boarding a plan with (hopefully). I guess I will find out soon, then again, I have to have a drone in it to even matter.....sigh.
It will be a problem with smaller planes, I believe. Southwest limits the dept of the carry-on baggage at 9" and I measured this to be 12". Even when I last flew on a 747 I had a later leg of my flight on a smaller aircraft. I may look into making my own carry-on case for the H and put the backpack in a large duffle bag to use once I arrive at my destination.

Reactions: DroneClone
Yeah not getting this in the over head bin. Very flexible but after getting the insert inside it may get stiffen up.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio