Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Backpack and batteries received - photos

What would be the chances of gate checking it (meaning you carry it to the plane and leave it to go under -- then when you get off the plane it is waiting for you to pick up? Would there be any fear in it getting stolen?

If checked at the gate it still ends up on the carousel when you arrive so there is risk of theft. The backpack does state "Typhoon H" on it. In addition the straps are loose and can get caught on things. There is also risk of damage to the drone itself with the possibility of heavy bags partially collapsing the backpack.

If checked at the gate it still ends up on the carousel when you arrive so there is risk of theft. The backpack does state "Typhoon H" on it. In addition the straps are loose and can get caught on things. There is also risk of damage to the drone itself with the possibility of heavy bags partially collapsing the backpack.
exactly there is no way i would check it at the gate.....i don't even think it would make it to the carousel....

What would be the chances of gate checking it (meaning you carry it to the plane and leave it to go under -- then when you get off the plane it is waiting for you to pick up? Would there be any fear in it getting stolen?

The backpack would contain the lipos so you could say it'll need to stay in the cabin. Its a big pack though so I am considering keeping the DJI P3 for all but the most serious of trips.

Gidrock - you are correct. When you gate check they take your piece from right at the plane door and when you leave the plane it is waiting for you - it never is put in with your checked bags.

When I travel I must carry my CPAP bag with me. Only one time (flying USAir) they made me gate check my CPAP machine. Mind you I had it properly labeled as a medical device and there were no other items in the bag. I know my rights of carrying on personal medical devices and they would not let me board until I gave up the bag (it is smaller than a laptop!!!). So I made them let me stand outside of the plane and watch them hand carry it to where it was going to ride. Needless to say I have never since nor will I fly on American Airlines (who now own USAir).

Both going to and returning from Hawaii after Christmas Hawaiian Airlines checked our carryon baggage at the gate and both times it went to the carousel.

I'm disappointed with the case - expecting me to use a packing box insert inside the backpack is pretty weak. For that price it should include a foam liner . . . preferably one that will hold multiple batteries.

it doesn't hold extra batteries?? odd....i might hold off and see what aftermarket cases come out....but not looking to spend more then $200
I thought it held four batteries. Plus one in the H gives you five in the field.
There are images of the back pack with two spares inside.
Typhoon-H-Backpack-1.jpg

got my soft backpack today. I payed 93.00 €.
It's expensive but quality is here. No foam is provided, you have to use the one provided with your typhoon (Easy to install).
So I can bring 3 batteries (2 is the bag + 1 in the typhoon). I tested it on my mountain bike : confortable and solid
I would give 10/10 if the price was around 60.00 €

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox