Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Backpack!!!

With my Phantom 3 Pro, I had both DJI's official hardshell backpack, & a GPC case. Once I got the GPC case, the backpack say there, unused. With the Typhoon H, I've preordered Yuneec's (soon-to-be-released) softshell backpack...although, once I can afford the $350, I'll order the GPC case.

Backpacks are great for local transporting, and when you are hiking to your filming/flying destination, but the amount of protection they provide is less than perfect. A hard case, on the other hand, might be a bit bulky, and might not make it as "carry-on luggage" for your next airline flight, but they provide the best protection you'll find. To be completely honest, I believe the best solution it's to have both. Yes, that costs more, but you also end up with multiple choices for transportation, depending on what your needs are for that particular moment. Besides, you can always start with one (backpack), and, when you can afford it, get the other, exactly as I did with my (recently sold) P3P, and as I'm doing with my Typhoon H.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm getting the Backpack that comes with the Pro but after my wallet recovers I will be getting a hard case. I see a few different ones on Amazon for around 290-350. I like the one made by MC-cases.

Another vote for the CabinMax Tallin here. Well made and with a small foam insert it fits very nicely. I'll take some photos when I'm home if anyone's interested.

I love my original hardshell Typhoon H backpack .. I wish they had not discontinued it. It is perfect for carrying everything around.

Reactions: Cilent1
where is the **** thing? still not available in the uk and the date keeps being pushed further and further back,now saying 28th of July but I'm thinking this will change again,I've had one on order for over a month now,are we actually getting it or should I get a refund and source an alternative.?
I ordered mine from B&H and should be coming this wednesday. 7/27. Anyone else having it shipped to them. I preordered mine of course. Ill post a video of it if you guys would like when It comes.

I ordered mine from B&H and should be coming this wednesday. 7/27. Anyone else having it shipped to them. I preordered mine of course. Ill post a video of it if you guys would like when It comes.
I'm talking about the softshell case btw retailing for $99.

Another vote for the CabinMax Tallin here. Well made and with a small foam insert it fits very nicely. I'll take some photos when I'm home if anyone's interested.

Yea i just got the Cabin max Tallin. All you need to do is trim the lid and it fits perfect. Here is a link on Youtube. Credit to Sam who uploaded the video.

Love my hardshell. No issues with Jet Blue.

Did you carry it on the plane or did you check it in the back ?
(I want to take my Typhoon H to Thailand sometime but I don't want to check it in the back; want to carry it on.)

I'm also worried they won't left me take the batteries on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(I want to take my Typhoon H to Thailand sometime but I don't want to check it in the back; want to carry it on.)

I'm thinking by the fact that Yuneec cancelled the manufacture of the hard shell case (or so I've been made to believe) and replaced it with the soft shell to enable it to be able to be taken as hand luggage that batteries are allowed,I mean the drone is a it useless without any batteries,plus laptops are allowed and phones,tablets etc and these all have lithium batteries in them

I'm talking about the softshell case btw retailing for $99.

I'd love to see it,if it's the official Yuneec one as i ordered the Hardcase but I think this is what's going to turn up and soon hopefully as the box it doing my head in now ha ha

I'm thinking by the fact that Yuneec cancelled the manufacture of the hard shell case (or so I've been made to believe) and replaced it with the soft shell to enable it to be able to be taken as hand luggage that batteries are allowed,I mean the drone is a it useless without any batteries,plus laptops are allowed and phones,tablets etc and these all have lithium batteries in them

When going by plane (FAA/US regs, varies elsewhere) you are required to hand carry the batteries (any number of batteries if < 100 watt hour capacity per battery, 2 batteries may be 100-160Wh). The Drone can go as checked baggage assuming you have a suitable case.

FAA link: Pack Safe – Lithium ion and lithium metal batteries, spare (uninstalled)

Love my hardshell. No issues with Jet Blue.
so your hard case is a yuneec hard case that the drone foam piece fits in? It fits in the overhead, or under the seat? I see a knock off of it on Ebay. Was thinking i would like to have one just for flying with... Instead of checking it in as baggage.

My hardsided Yuneec backpack did fit in overhead compartment on Jet blue. You have to carry the batteries in Lipo bag. No issues.

so your hard case is a yuneec hard case that the drone foam piece fits in? It fits in the overhead, or under the seat? I see a knock off of it on Ebay. Was thinking i would like to have one just for flying with... Instead of checking it in as baggage.
My case is the Yuneec hardsided backpack. Don't know why they discontinued it. Fitting in the foam insert took a little muscle but it fits perfect. I have only traveled Jet blue, but it fit in the overhead compartment with no issue. You have to carry the batteries in separate Lipo bag per FAA.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my