Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery alternative

I think the battery will be a good deal. Ive used the 3d printed tray with a 6600 lihv multistar battery and it worked great.

Bill W.
Where did you get your hands on a 3D printed tray Ive been looking all over. But now if I can get a reply back from the supplier for these 7000mAh batteries then I'm buying 10 and will prob keep 3 or 4 then sale the rest but I'm really hoping that I'm wrong when I'm thinking about this seller in that Ive bought many things from alilibaba.com and alot of time the seller will advertise a low price but then tell you some outrageous shipping cost so it all comes out to be for example like $150 each cost rather then the $55. But we'll see.

Where did you get your hands on a 3D printed tray Ive been looking all over. But now if I can get a reply back from the supplier for these 7000mAh batteries then I'm buying 10 and will prob keep 3 or 4 then sale the rest but I'm really hoping that I'm wrong when I'm thinking about this seller in that Ive bought many things from alilibaba.com and alot of time the seller will advertise a low price but then tell you some outrageous shipping cost so it all comes out to be for example like $150 each cost rather then the $55. But we'll see.
Ralphy on the forum sells them. If you go on ebay you can find them. You can get up to an 8000 mah battery. For me im only gonna use as a backup. I would prefer a generic stock batteries like these gifi power ones.

Bill W.

Reactions: Rayray
Ralphy on the forum sells them. If you go on ebay you can find them. You can get up to an 8000 mah battery. For me im only gonna use as a backup. I would prefer a generic stock batteries like these gifi power ones.

Bill W.
Thanks Bill for the info on where you got your hands on the battery tray. But what would I type in for the search on ebay to be able to find it because I've been consistently looking on ebay for Typhoon H Battery tray but havent been able to find anything except for the stock battery adapters so I can charge a stock battery with my lipo charger much faster. But is there anyway you could provide a link to the Ebay listing that is ACTIVE or how to contact Ralphy. Because I believe Ive already tried to contact Ralphy about these but havent recieved any reply yet. Thank you for any help you can provide me. Tom C

Thanks Bill for the info on where you got your hands on the battery tray. But what would I type in for the search on ebay to be able to find it because I've been consistently looking on ebay for Typhoon H Battery tray but havent been able to find anything except for the stock battery adapters so I can charge a stock battery with my lipo charger much faster. But is there anyway you could provide a link to the Ebay listing that is ACTIVE or how to contact Ralphy. Because I believe Ive already tried to contact Ralphy about these but havent recieved any reply yet. Thank you for any help you can provide me. Tom C
I think he is redesigning it right now...might be why you cant find it....pm me

Bill W.

The version 1 tray isnt being sold anymore by me. There will be a version 2 and a version 3 coming soin

A very similar one to version 1 has been provided as a 3d file by another member in a file sharing site

I asked for the price shipped to my country Belgium.
And they told me including shipment 110 euro

Marnix

Ohhhhhh nooooo have the Asians copied the battery tray design I copied from their battery??

Good thing tray version 2.0 is still top secret

Why would you put some no name generic battery into a 1,000+ hex??

People do it all the time. They'll spend good money on the aircraft but cheap out on the batteries, with some thinking there's no difference between cheap ones and more expensive ones. I've found there's often a tremendous difference with some of the better brands being lighter, providing more flight time for the labeled capacity, and lasting a much greater number of charge cycles. Ultimately, some of the better, more expensive brands end up cheaper over the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People do it all the time. They'll spend good money on the aircraft but cheap out on the batteries, with some thinking there's no difference between cheap ones and more expensive ones. I've found there's often a tremendous difference with some of the better brands being lighter, providing more flight time for the labeled capacity, and lasting a much greater number of charge cycles. Ultimately, some of the better, more expensive brands end up cheaper over the long run.

Dude that's crazy, It could very well be a great battery but most of the time these manufactures know people target batteries based on price and they go really cheap on the cell quality.

Hopefully someone can do some testing on this one regarding flight times and internal resistance values to make sure its decent to fly,

That craps on ebay too I think like for 80ish.

Why would you put some no name generic battery into a 1,000+ hex??

Get with the program buddy, GiFi has been around for ever. Making batteries for the Q500 series and many other multicopters. I have used the GiFi 7500 on my Q500 and its the darn best battery I have ever bought. Way better then Venon and the stock yuneec batteries. This is a fact as I have tested all three. There is a company called Tattu that makes most major brands and I have heard there batteries a excellent also but so far I have not reviewed them.

I tested original batteries also and got from all I have 6400mAh.
Btw I really don't miss a couple (really?) more minutes of flight. At 15' I'm well done and also bored, including flights at the range limits.
If some more flying is required well, a pause and a battery swap are a nice way to go.
What about those batteries quality?
(Please, avoid coming out again with original poor quality = : D)
Ric

Get with the program buddy, GiFi has been around for ever. Making batteries for the Q500 series and many other multicopters. I have used the GiFi 7500 on my Q500 and its the darn best battery I have ever bought. Way better then Venon and the stock yuneec batteries. This is a fact as I have tested all three. There is a company called Tattu that makes most major brands and I have heard there batteries a excellent also but so far I have not reviewed them.

Great then the battery blues are over. What's the flight time on that modern marvel of a battery?

Tattu and Gens Ace are the same company, with the Tattu line being of a little higher quality, although the Gens Ace line is no slouch. For my heavy lift copters I'll only use two brands of batteries, Tattu and Max Amps. Quality wise both are extremely high and deliver high energy output for the rated capacity. I have 6s 7000ma Tattu batteries that weigh 30-60 grams less than most of the cheaper 6400ma batteries out there, and the Tattu's are also dimensionally smaller. When you have a copter that by itself will set you back $3k plus, and you have to build it, before you get to the camera and gimbal you take seriously what components you use, By the time you hang a DSLR, lens, a good gimbal, FPV and video down link equipment under it you've put close to $10k, or much more, in the air. A MoVi gimbal starts at $5k. It's pretty dumb to hunt down the cheapest battery you can buy when it will likely end up the weakest link in the system. When it fails you certainly won't have saved a dime.

If you plan on doing serious work, make serious decisions where your aircraft are concerned. More often than not it will be the difference between having a reliable system or one that ends up frequently in the weeds. Even at the level of the H, the difference between one battery and another can make all the difference in the world in keeping your aircraft. For as little as we pay for it the H is a pretty darn good tool.

Reactions: Agnes
Tattu and Gens Ace are the same company, with the Tattu line being of a little higher quality, although the Gens Ace line is no slouch. For my heavy lift copters I'll only use two brands of batteries, Tattu and Max Amps. Quality wise both are extremely high and deliver high energy output for the rated capacity. I have 6s 7000ma Tattu batteries that weigh 30-60 grams less than most of the cheaper 6400ma batteries out there, and the Tattu's are also dimensionally smaller. When you have a copter that by itself will set you back $3k plus, and you have to build it, before you get to the camera and gimbal you take seriously what components you use, By the time you hang a DSLR, lens, a good gimbal, FPV and video down link equipment under it you've put close to $10k, or much more, in the air. A MoVi gimbal starts at $5k. It's pretty dumb to hunt down the cheapest battery you can buy when it will likely end up the weakest link in the system. When it fails you certainly won't have saved a dime.

If you plan on doing serious work, make serious decisions where your aircraft are concerned. More often than not it will be the difference between having a reliable system or one that ends up frequently in the weeds. Even at the level of the H, the difference between one battery and another can make all the difference in the world in keeping your aircraft. For as little as we pay for it the H is a pretty darn good tool.

Well said

The H system doesn't have a clue as to what battery chemistry is used, it only recognizes voltage and time. If the voltage is correct use what you want if it fits the battery port.

Reactions: Ralphy
I have bit of experience ordering batteries and other items from Asia... There are few things to remember when ordering direct from China.
  1. Suppliers there consistently overstate the capacity of batteries they offer for sale. The amount of capacity the battery has my be well below the stated amount.
  2. The price may or may not include shipping. I have seen suppliers offer HUGE discounts only to rape the customer on shipping.
  3. Expect custom duties and taxes to be levied upon import. This can vary according to which country you live in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimal khan