Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery and Charger Advice please

Reaction score
Hi all
I am currently looking and getting 1 or 2 more batteries currently I use the standard charger that comes from Yuneec but many say its not really up to the job, it usually takes an hour ish to charge one battery and wondering want batteries / chargers please recommend I am from the UK so needs to be a UK based company :\

many thanks

There are other LiPo battery chargers (the kind you would need for your Typhoon H) you can get that can charge 2 batteries at a time, balance the batteries and much more. But whatever you buy remember you also have to purchase Typhoon H compatible battery leads to connect your batteries to your non-Yuneec, third-party charger.

I'm in the USA and so I can't help you much finding a UK-based company to buy a charger from. But let me add this: After I purchased my new LiPo battery charger I spoke with a Yuneec tech about battery chargers in general. I was very reassured by the knowledgeable woman I spoke with that the standard Yuneec charger is perfectly fine for charging and balancing Yuneec batteries. I was told that, after all, the charger was specifically designed for the Yuneec Typhoon H battery. So you may want to consider that before you make a third-party charger purchase. A good third-party charger is probably going to cost you more than purchasing another basic Yuneec battery charger, at least it did for me.

Also, regardless of which charger you use, remember and be vigilant about unplugging the battery once fully charged to avoid damaging it. Overcharging and undercharging can seriously impair battery life and performance.

You may consider searching out any of the forum threads that may already be posted about battery chargers by searching the threads using the search function on the far right top of the forum screen (the magnifying glass icon). Someone else from the UK may have already posted a similar question and you may have an answer waiting for you.

Good luck with your search. And remember LiPo batteries can be unstable, catch fire, and should never be charged without you being present and attentive, regardless of what charger you use. As always, safety first.

Not sure if you can get these in the UK, but Venom sells adaptors and batteries for the H (and just about any other UAV as well). Very high quality.

Any quality charger with banana-style outputs and standard balancing ports will work. I use an older Venom dual charger that'll charge two batteries in about 45 minutes.

Reactions: CC Rider
Ooops! Wingshooter, you are right. OP WAS referring to the Q500k, not the Typhoon H, with the battery question posed. My bad. Please disregard my response as it obviously is bupkiss!

morning
yes it is the 500+, I currently use a yuneec charger but seems to take over 1.5h to charge one batter :(

60 to 90 minutes is normal for a flight discharged 500 4K Lipo battery to recharge and does not indicate any fault with your charger or battery. There are numerous articles specific to care, conditioning, and proper discharge and storing of these chemically unstable batteries. CC Rider's point regarding "SAFETY FIRST" is advice well worth taking to heart with any Lipo battery or charging system.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my