Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery charging problem

Reaction score
I just got this q500 and am trying to charge the flight battery.the charger is blinking green and does not change to red what is wrong and what can I do to fix

It may already be fully charged. You didn't mention if you had already used it, if it was new, or if you had checked the voltage to qualify your question.

I just got this and I really don't know much about this I tried it on my drone but when I tried to turn on the drone it would not work

Did you push the battery hard enough into the charger? Was the battery fully seated in the aircraft? Do you have a volt meter with which you could check the battery voltage or voltage out of the charger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I don't have a meter and I think I pushed the battery in all the way
I could really use you guys help

I am trying to help you Richard, but to help we need to know what you have and haven't done and what your diagnostic capabilities are. My first suggestion is to go back and try inserting the battery in the charger again, firmly. When you said I think you pushed it in all the way you essentially left room for doubt. Batteries need to be fully seated in a charger to permit electrical contact. If you weren't inserting the battery correctly it might not have been able to be seated because the battery/charger design only allows the battery to be seated when inserted one way.

For tonight, stop, take a step back, read the instructions again and look closely at all the components in order to become familiar with each of them and how they interact.

I just got this q500 and am trying to charge the flight battery.the charger is blinking green and does not change to red what is wrong and what can I do to fix

Hi, it is possible the red fuse in the charger is faulty.

This is a Q500 so the stock charger uses a balance cable for charging. It should change from green blinking to red blinking when it's charging. Follow the video below to get it set up correctly. Also you may need to check the fuse in the charger to make sure it isn't blown.

You should pick up one of these testers to check the battery cells. The Q500 battery has 3 cells which will read about 4.2 volts each when it's fully charged. The total voltage of all cells on a charged battery will be 12.6 volts.
Battery Tester for YUNEEC Q500/Q500+/Q500-4K

By the way, the battery door won't close if the battery is not fully inserted in the Q.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval