Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

battery charging problems

Reaction score
Is there any way to charge the battery if it blinks blue (abnormal charging). Is it toast at this point?
Don't know why this is the second battery that's done this, Am I doing something wrong when charging?
Can I get it back to charge normally? Thank!!!

DK,
Make sure the battery is FULLY seated in the charger. If that does not help.
Inspect the charger base where the battery contacts are located, the 3 button contacts in the center are the balance contacts. Make sure one of them is not stuck down. They are spring loaded.
If all that fails call Yuneec, sounds like you may have gotten a faulty charger.

Reactions: dkestler
i disassembled one of my batteries that was blinking blue... wired up a temporary charge cable to
my non Yuneec charger, checked voltage /cell and they were less than 2v. I used the NIMH setting to bring each cell back
up to 3.5V. Back to normal now, even though the battery didn't fit back together perfectly - it worked.

Breeze battery 2.jpg You can "condition" the internal batteries without disassembling the battery pack.
There are 3 terminals and 1 common that feed +5V, +9V, +12V to the Breeze's circuits. With a volt meter, measure which one is too low to cause the abnormal charging blinking LED. An appropriate AC/DC (5V or 9V or 12V) adapter with two alligator clips can bring the battery pack back to normal charging on the factory charger.
I've done it with one of my batteries. YMMV, Do it at your own risk.

Reactions: ChadOhman
Nikono, to confirm, are you just using a wall adapter rated for 5, 9 or 12V to bring that cell back up?

Thanks

Chad - no, that’s not right. You want to find the lowest voltage cell of the 3 and ONLY charge that cell to the same voltage as the other 2 cells. You NEVER want to charge the battery at 12v trying to ‘condition’ the pack. Here’s the issue, and understand this clearly, if you have one cell at a low voltage, let’s say 3.5v (fully charged LiPo should be 4.200v) and you charge the pack at 12v this will OVER CHARGE the good batteries with a real potential of causing a Fire. You only want to TRY and charge the cell that is not charging properly. This is called balancing the pack - and good chargers do this by design.

In the picture above, assuming it’s correct, if you measured cell 3 as low, you would charge ONLY THAT CELL at perhaps 5v for only a minute or two. You do this by putting the charger negative to the +9 terminal and the charger positive to the +12 terminal. That way only that cell gets a charge, not the complete battery. After a few minutes stop the charge and try the Yuneec charger again. If it does not work forget trying to condition the pack. Put it in salt water for 24 hours to discharge it and dispose of the battery correctly.

Let me add that you may be flying your batteries down too low in voltage.
does that permanently ruin the battery?
I flew my battery down to 5%, then tried to download videos and it shut down after a few minutes, now I try to charge and its all blinking blue only, does this mean I throw this battery out after a single flight?

Probably not ruined. See this thread Battery blinking blue light. DO NOT try to charge using the outer terminals as it will send current through the whole pack. Apply to individual cells to bring each to about 3.85VDC then place on the Yuneec charger.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal