Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery discharging

Reaction score
What is the best way to partially discharge a fully charged battery, if i can't fly due to weather change. Thank you for any help. Rod Panzer

Hmm... have you got space to spin up indoors? I would not recommend running without props for a long period of time.

At a lower level, you just need a resistance over the battery terminals to discharge it. Don't go too low with your LiPos! Best advice would be to get a lipo charger capable of a storage charge and get the 3D printed adaptor. I tend to just leave mines charged and ready to go.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

do not run your H indoors with or without blades , with out blades is a waist of your motors running , with blades it's an accident just waiting to happen .

If you have no other way, fill a couple of old pairs of socks with sand or other heavy material. Lay one on each of the landing gear legs, for a total of 4 socks. 4 or 5 lbs of weight will do. In a clear space that will remain clear, power up the H, props on, and the ST-16. Arm the motors and let them run at idle, no more than idle, while watching the battery voltage on the ST-16. Stop when the battery voltage with the motors spinning reaches 15v. It will rise to ~15.3v when the motors are stopped.

The ST-16 can be stored fully charged as it has a different kind of battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parisaline