Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery housing recycling?

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know if it is possible to recycle the yuneec branded battery housing (disposing of old battery pack) and placing a third party battery such as a turnigy or other brand in it?

I've found the shells do not come apart easily. For the labor involved in trying to take one apart without damage and fitting/wiring up a new battery it's more cost effective just to go to Gens/Tattu and buy new for $55.00.

Hi does anyone know if it is possible to recycle the yuneec branded battery housing (disposing of old battery pack) and placing a third party battery such as a turnigy or other brand in it?
Bn working on it but haven't gotten to far for the batteries I want to use, are still good. Once the Yuneec batteries won't hold much of a charge or a cell goes bad. Then I'll take one apart. I have taken other 11.1 volt battery and made a harness that will fit the Yuneec but it's to much of a hassle
to get the connector on all the time. Long lead.
Good Post
tnx/hyflyer1/EdK

I probably should have mentioned I was in Australia. Unfortunatly we're not overly spoiled with choice down here... best price I can get on an H battery is AU $175 (US $130). A stand alone battery would be AU $60 (US $44) = a third of the price!!! Hence, me wanting to recycle the original housing...
Saw a 3D printed housing on ebay that was for sale a while ago but it was US $75 (I think) but it is not for sale anymore anyway.
I think I'll give it a shot and see what happeneds. One of my batteries is shot so might as well try before I bin it.

Considering the situation, it's worth a try. Perhaps a better long term solution might be to contact Gens/Tattu corporate and look into becoming a regional dealer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mexstoragesystem